Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fascist Alert! - The Breton far-right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fascist Alert! - The Breton far-right

Below is a list of Breton far-right organisations and websites. These groups have well documented links to fascists and violent criminals from around Europe.

After careful consideration it has been decided to blog about them here following the logic of the wise adage forewarned is forearmed. Equally I have noted that members of these organisations, posing as simple Celtic patriots on Facebook, have been trying to make contact with Celtic and Cornish activists. One such individual is Claude Guillemain member of Jeune Bretagne an organisation that has well documented links with the far right in France, Flanders, Italy and elsewhere.

As a Cornishman who lives in Brittany, and who speaks both Breton and French, I have discovered the true nature of these groups. It is now hoped that others who follow can benefit from my insights. Paths that are not worth following are here signposted as such. These groups undermine the cause of Breton national recognition and self-determination. Their ideology belongs in a different age. Help them become history and steer well clear!

Adsav
    Kadarn / Adsav youth wing
    Bloc Identitaire Bretagne
    Breizh Atao
    Breizh Identitaire Facebook
    Breizh Novopress
    Jeune Bretagne
    L'Idee Bretonne
    Ti Breizh

For confirmation of what I have claimed you can contact Mebyon Kernow's sister party the UDB. Equally you could ask the Parti Breton, Celtic League, Ofis ar Brezhoneg or any other Breton organisation.

Original blog post: An Omsav: Fascist Alert! - The Breton far-right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there not a certain irony in Breton nationalists having ties with the French far right, when you consider how the French far right would want to subsume Breton identity into a wider French identity?
    Eagla agus eaglais: an bhfuil an fhréamh teangeolaíochta céanna acu?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They have form, you know:

Bezen Perrot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Incidentally Celestin Lainé, one of their leaders, ended up in Ireland after WW2, dying in Oranmore in 1983 or something.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A shinner criticising another political movement for having links to supposed criminals.

Have I entered some sort of twilight zone here?

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be honest you could put up a list of IFSC companies with 'links' to fascist organisations in any given regional sphere.

I should imagine within both Cornish and Breton nationalist movements you will have people of varying political hues so I would imagine it would be wise to approach any such group with that knowledge in mind. Interesting though as you'll be able to tell from my signature statement that I believe separatism will be receiving a boost generally from the actions of the absurd corporatism of the European Union. Whether that be the UK choosing to leave the European Union, Catalan & Basque nationalism or somewhere like Cyprus falling out of it or simply the rejection of the monolithic corporate owned institutions by people elsewhere in Europe.

It is natural that separatism should find a home in nationalism. As long as that is not extreme nationalism leaning into fascism then that is perfectly fine in my view.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirTallaghtban View Post
    A shinner criticising another political movement for having links to supposed criminals.

Yeah - have these guys shot Protestants going to work or Nailbombed English people in a Shopping Centre?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, you have found a discussion which may help you understand that what you have been told, or have conditioned yourself to believe, about Sinn Féin, is propaganda.

D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shooting prods in the back of the head is not "propaganda"...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The fact there are 9 groups set up for Breton independence and they're only one side of the movement is so Life Of Brian it's funny.

I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At some point we have to move on and cut the Sinn Féiners some slack. I think the party is making a genuine attempt to leave that aspect of their past behind.
    Eagla agus eaglais: an bhfuil an fhréamh teangeolaíochta céanna acu?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast