Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is a Privilege day for some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Today is a Privilege day for some.

Off work today like many in the public services because i am given a day holidays its referred as a privilege day
    Why we get it i dont know but we take it,told my Daughter this morning she was on her way to work in the retail sector she could not believe it when i told her, she will get monday off bank holiday like every one else, but had to work late last night thursday and tonight friday night to make up, from one extreme to the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another 'special case' syndrome.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All public services I've interacted with are open today, bar one it seems (although they're crap at answering the phone anyway so I dunno).

I, however, in the private sector, am off.

Actually appears to be more of an Irish-owned private sector day off these days as my siblings working in multinationals are in, but everyone I know in an Irish non-retail company is off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go and tell your boss that you're prepared to work overtime to make up the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am working for a multinational, they want us in as it's a normal day globally, that said the EMEA market is not calling in today. Because I am working I get a day in lieu for the day.
    They did not wish us to make this known to colleagues around the world also working for us.
    “atheism is a belief system in the same way that not playing football is a sport.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Relax and go for a pint.
    Oh wait.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    All public services I've interacted with are open today, bar one it seems (although they're crap at answering the phone anyway so I dunno).

I, however, in the private sector, am off.

Actually appears to be more of an Irish-owned private sector day off these days as my siblings working in multinationals are in, but everyone I know in an Irish non-retail company is off...
    You idiot - get back on message. Public sector = evil etc etc....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    I am working for a multinational, they want us in as it's a normal day globally, that said the EMEA market is not calling in today. Because I am working I get a day in lieu for the day.
    They did not wish us to make this known to colleagues around the world also working for us.
    Stop this stuff. How can we berate public sector workers with stuff like this....

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    Ditto, normal working day for me (US MNC), but no day in lieu.
    Our EMEA clients seem to be working normally, but Irish service contractors are all shut it appears.

We have a wire guidance system in our pallet racking down, cannot get a technician till Tuesday AM, so two aisles in the warehouse have to be picked from by hand, even at height. Cannot lift out full pallets.
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast