Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine Gael on the attack against Sinn Fein in DublinWest (Kieran Dennison)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Fine Gael on the attack against Sinn Fein in DublinWest (Kieran Dennison)

Kieran Dennison, a Councillor in the Mulhuddart ward section of Dublin West, yesterday lodged a motion to Fingal county council regarding a 'Para military' group or groups who attempted to impose a no-go parking policy in Corduff, Blanchardstown recently.

The question I came to ask myself was one of Sinn Fein taking a more vigilante type approach to local politics as they used to do, with little regard for legalities.

The image below appeared on Twitter yesterday evening, but the second I found after pain staking searching.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Corduff is a no go arae. Crime is rife.

Shatter is doing his best to help crime.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First they'll come for your parking spaces,then they'll come for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The "paramilitary" bit is idiotic and will become the focus of the story, and detracts from his his utterly valid argument: obviously you can't be going around placing those signs in public at your own whim. A political party should know this. But then an elected councillor should know how stupid it is to throw around terms like paramilitary. So they're both dumb.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You lie with dogs you rise with fleas.These people have been admitted into the body politic and fully equipped fumigation teams will be required to stamo them out. Dont scratch. Call in the rentokil boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The OP is playing games here.

They reference the official complaint which talks about paramilitary groups and accompany it with a photo of what they claim is a Sinn Fein sign. Then they top the OP off with the headline "Fine Gael on the attack against Sinn Fein in DublinWest (Kieran Dennison)".

But if you actually read the scan above you will read

"Apparantly all other unauthorised signage was removed by the people who erected the signage, following complaints from the public"

So apparently there were other signs there before the Sinn Fein sign and removed after public complaints.

So we are not clear whether Kieran Dennison is calling Sinn Fein a para military grouping of whether Kieran is referring to those who put up the previous signs. In fact there is no mention of Sinn Fein at all in Kieran's complaint.

As a side issue to this..........the OP says "The image below appeared on Twitter yesterday evening, but the second I found after pain staking searching.".......... The second image being the sign on the pole.....Is there anything to suggest that this sign is actually the one put up in Corduff or is in fact genuine? Perhaps the OP could provide a reference to its genuineness which would be extremely useful in this age of photoshop?

Fair play to the OP though, it was a decent enough effort from them but it doesn't quite succeed
    Last edited by williewatch; 29th March 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No free parking for traitors.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    The OP is playing games here.

They reference the official complaint which talks about paramilitary groups and accompany it with a photo of a Sinn Fein sign. Then they top the OP off with the headline "Fine Gael on the attack against Sinn Fein in DublinWest (Kieran Dennison)".

But if you actually read the scan above you will read

"Apparantly all other unauthorised signage was removed by the people who erected the signage, following complaints from the public"

So apparently there were other signs there before the Sinn Fein sign and removed after public complaints.

So we are not clear whether Kieran Dennison is calling Sinn Fein a para military grouping of whether Kieran is referring to those who put up the previous signs.

Fair play to the OP though, it was a decent enough effort from them.
    Are you saying the two photos are just a coincidence??

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is that not the local sinn fein candidate paul donnelly putting up the posters?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mugabe View Post
    Are you saying the two photos are just a coincidence??
    You mean the two photos you've put up without any links and without any actual effort to link the two by naming the person in the photo, saying where/when it was taken? Those two photos?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast