Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Democratic Left takeover of the Labour party, Irish media.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default The Democratic Left takeover of the Labour party, Irish media.

It seems to me as if the ex Democratic Left have obtained power beyond their wildest dreams. I am an ex Labour party member myself. Ex Atheists and Communist, with some aging "hippy types" in FG, are running the country. I voted for EU in nearly all the Referendum. Where is the opposition? A trait of the DL is stong dislike of debate, love of the EU and USA and large paypackets, and hatred of Sinn Féin. They used to be called the Stickies.
    I have voted Labour myself in the last General election. But very stongly disagree with their anti Family agenda. Do we need FF back again? Well I reluctantly must agree. Where is the opposition? A handful of Garda, a few Priests and Pro lifers, and of course SF and the Independents- a motley crew unfortunately. Anyway has anyone the nerve to challenge this Democratic Left politburo, I hope so.
    Lets keep Dublin litter free- Coinnigh Atha Cliatha glán

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Frank Ross Faction have achieved their long term aim. They got their snouts into the trough. A collection of unprincipled careerist hypocrites. In the 1980s they were revering Dear Leader Kim, and DDR boss Erich Honnecker. Then they changed tack when that fell apart and became the champion of anybody whose votes they could buy with other people's money. Now they are just a collection of schemers telling fibs to get elected, and selling sites to the state for half a million.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Strange, I thought Denis O'Brien controlled most of the media in Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    The Frank Ross Faction have achieved their long term aim. They got their snouts into the trough. A collection of unprincipled careerist hypocrites. In the 1980s they were revering Dear Leader Kim, and DDR boss Erich Honnecker. Then they changed tack when that fell apart and became the champion of anybody whose votes they could buy with other people's money. Now they are just a collection of schemers telling fibs to get elected, and selling sites to the state for half a million.
    DAre you that anti Irish language you cannot bring yourself to give De Rossa his correct name. Maybe you are one of these west brits who think we shouldn't have left the empire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    Strange, I thought Denis O'Brien controlled most of the media in Ireland?
    He does'nt control the Daily Mail obviously and RTE also. Yes it is true he does own a huge segment of the media, I like Denis- he is an improvement on the O Reilly clan without doubt. But he was found guilty by a tribunal of "corruption" . So his ownership of the Irish media is an example of a small clique obtaining money and influence beyond his wildest dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    It seems to me as if the ex Democratic Left have obtained power beyond their wildest dreams. I am an ex Labour party member myself. Ex Atheists and Communist, with some aging "hippy types" in FG, are running the country. I voted for EU in nearly all the Referendum. Where is the opposition? A trait of the DL is stong dislike of debate, love of the EU and USA and large paypackets, and hatred of Sinn Féin. They used to be called the Stickies.
    I have voted Labour myself in the last General election. But very stongly disagree with their anti Family agenda. Do we need FF back again? Well I reluctantly must agree. Where is the opposition? A handful of Garda, a few Priests and Pro lifers, and of course SF and the Independents- a motley crew unfortunately. Anyway has anyone the nerve to challenge this Democratic Left politburo, I hope so.
    The stickies and the trots punch far beyond their weight proving the effectiveness of the entryist tactics employed from the late 80's onwards as it was no longer feasible to be openly hard left. A good example is the 'consensus' on issues of public controversy that eminates from media and political circles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

By the way Sinn Féin have been taken over by it seems the ex-Communist party of Ireland. Did Bobby Sands die for "reproductive rights" I think not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I hope Joan Burton can start a fightback against the "Workers party" element who have taken over the Labour party. Time to fightback against Gilmore, Bacik, and others.

Politics.ie Member friendlyfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    I hope Joan Burton can start a fightback against the "Workers party" element who have taken over the Labour party. Time to fightback against Gilmore, Bacik, and others.
    Did she come out in support of Roisín Shortall?

If you think that installing Burton as leader will bring a turn around in your support what is stopping the heave?.

Your party conference has again been pushed out,the Irish Labour party in the centenary year of the Dublin lockout is running away from it's grassroots..... that is all you need to know about 'real Labour'.
    Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most of the old Stickie generation who waited 40 years for power such as Rabbitte, Gilmore, Kathleen Lynch etc. will either retire or lose their seats next time & so will be off the scene.

It will be up to 'proper' Labour such as Alan Kelly to rebuild the party. The trouble is, though, that every generation wants to serve in Government and the same thing will happen two or three elections from now - Labour will have built up, gone into Govt.,got blamed for what went wrong & will be kicked out, thus repeating the familiar cycle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast