Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ms. Varadkar sez that a woman's place is in the home!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ms. Varadkar sez that a woman's place is in the home!

Little Leo Varadker, wants the women back where they belong In the home...well only ladies who find themselves in mortgage trouble

Varadkar: Some women will have to choose between career or mortgage | Irish Examiner

I thought uber misogynist Phil Hogan was bad enough for the FFGer's but now Little Leo wants to kill off any chance of a woman being successful in a career if they have mortgage difficulties

As blue$h1t$ go I suppose Little Leo's ideology is based on the old Fascist policies for women i.e. to remove them from the workplace in any responsible category (especially government), and to provide large families. I suppose he will tolerate a woman having a successful career if they have enough wealth to afford it. If you are female and you are down a few quid then Little Leo believes you should be put in your place, in the home minding the kids!

I really think Little Leo should have a chat with a friendly doctor who may be able to help him sort out whatever inadequacies in the male department he suffers from. If he can get it fixed perhaps it might help stop him constantly making a total twat of himself and alienating the female half of the population!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the taxpayer should subsidise people who want to indulge in vanity projects?

Fluich that!
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Childcare expenses are generally temporary, lasting the few years while the child is pre-school. It is something that many parents see worthwhile as they can progress in their careers instead of having to stop and start all over again. That said I would say that many women would love to give up their jobs and spend that time at home looking after their own children. Leo should keep his mouth shut unless he has anything useful to say, and i'm glad to see that Enda put him back in his box.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, little Leo didn't really say quite that,in fairness.

He just dropped another tab of acid and started rappin' and flashin' and free-associating, man,.....

Like he did when he said a few months ago that there was really no point in PS workers paying up to 14% of their salary into their pensions, 'cos the whole thing was a ponzi scheme and they would be getting no pensions.....

FG are going to have to keep Leo away from the tabs of sunshine, or else every other FG press release will begin with "What Leo really meant to say was..."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's paradoxical in this discussion is the fact that, anecdotal evidence suggests, that some women are more likely to get mortgage approval than men.

Well its hardly logical to work for less than babysitters get , in order to hire babysitters.
    Or am I missing something ?
    Education/courses are different obviously but broadly speaking Varadker was merely stating the obvious , was he not?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gloria View Post
    Childcare expenses are generally temporary, lasting the few years while the child is pre-school. It is something that many parents see worthwhile as they can progress in their careers instead of having to stop and start all over again.
    Then all they have to do is demonstrate the medium term benefits of that course of action to their lender.

At the end of the day all the lender wants is their money back (so they don't have to come scabbing more from the taxpayer).
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope a woman's place is not in the home because I work from home quite a lot and if my woman was around, she would distract me from work by sexually dominating me and making me her b1tch.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
    Well its hardly logical to work for less than babysitters get , in order to hire babysitters.
    Or am I missing something ?
    Education/courses are different obviously but broadly speaking Varadker was merely stating the obvious , was he not?
    It is like paying insurance for keeping your job for a time.. If you really like your job and have good prospects you won't be paying childcare forever.. jobs are kind of hard to come by now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a man's place is in his shed

look, everyone's happy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast