Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 156

Thread: When will PATRICK NULTY resign from the Labour party?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default When will PATRICK NULTY resign from the Labour party?

    Last week, Joan Burton issued a leaflet to the Dublin West constituents with a photo of 'her team' and Patrick Nulty was not on it, however every elected Labour councilor in DublinWest was on it.

    This week, Patrick Nulty issued a leaflet and he has no mention on it that he is a Labour Party activist. No name, no logo.

    It seems he is living a lie. On one hand he is trying to hide from the fact he is Labour, but he is a member of Labour.

    -The only party he left was the parliamentary party, and not the actual Labour party, so why is he hiding the labour party logo from any of his literature? Does he think his constituents are stupid?
    -Why does the Labour party tolerate such a stance from a man who gladly accepted by-election Labour party monies to run his campaign 18 months ago?
    - When is he going to show some Cojones and leave the party, or when is the Labour party going to show some Cojones and boot him out?


  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    737
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    All he did was mislead the Labour Party before the election. Thats standard practice in the LP.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    4,530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugabe View Post
    Last week, Joan Burton issued a leaflet to the Dublin West constituents with a photo of 'her team' and Patrick Nulty was not on it, however every elected Labour councilor in DublinWest was on it.

    This week, Patrick Nulty issued a leaflet and he has no mention on it that he is a Labour Party activist. No name, no logo.

    It seems he is living a lie. On one hand he is trying to hide from the fact he is Labour, but he is a member of Labour.

    -The only party he left was the parliamentary party, and not the actual Labour party, so why is he hiding the labour party logo from any of his literature? Does he think his constituents are stupid?
    -Why does the Labour party tolerate such a stance from a man who gladly accepted by-election Labour party monies to run his campaign 18 months ago?
    - When is he going to show some Cojones and leave the party, or when is the Labour party going to show some Cojones and boot him out?



    Aw!!,,,wasup, no milk for your tea this morning. Are you not aware that he is real labour and that continuity labour have left him?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I suppose it just shows that the Labour party has not the guts to do anything nowadays,
    only obey their Fine Gael masters

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The absence of a Labour logo on leaflets, etc., doesn't have anything to do with him trying to hide his Labour membership. Labour members cant just stick the party logo on whatever they want to promote, etc., in any circumstance. It signifies official party approval, which he, when he acts in his parliamentary capacity, as an Independent TD, lacks.


    The party has not expelled members to my knowledge since Joe Higgins et al were expelled decades ago, but that's because they were part of an organisation trying to infiltrate and take over the party. To move to expel Nulty would be an effective declaration of civil war within the party. As for Nulty, he's a serious left-wing politician and he won't achieve anything by going it alone. There aren't that many other parties to go to. Sinn Féin is unprincipled and the ULA tanked and its constituent Trot parties are going nowhere.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceannaire View Post
    The absence of a Labour logo on leaflets, etc., doesn't have anything to do with him trying to hide his Labour membership. Labour members cant just stick the party logo on whatever they want to promote, etc., in any circumstance. It signifies official party approval, which he, when he acts in his parliamentary capacity, as an Independent TD, lacks.


    The party has not expelled members to my knowledge since Joe Higgins et al were expelled decades ago, but that's because they were part of an organisation trying to infiltrate and take over the party. To move to expel Nulty would be an effective declaration of civil war within the party. As for Nulty, he's a serious left-wing politician and he won't achieve anything by going it alone. There aren't that many other parties to go to. Sinn Féin is unprincipled and the ULA tanked and its constituent Trot parties are going nowhere.
    That makes absolutely no sense at all?

    What logo do you see here? yes the Labour logo. Tommy Broughan

    Now look at this - Patrick Nulty has consciously altered his website!

    Patrick Nulty » Dublin West



    EXPLAIN NOW?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member commonman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The Labour party are going to get one hell of a beaten at the next general election, they got to power on lies.the voters dont for get.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member borntorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDay View Post
    All he did was mislead the Labour Party before the election. Thats standard practice in the LP.
    Yeah he just learned from his leadership, I suppose

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27,625
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Am I missing something or is there nothing to suggest that he hasn't already left? He said he was leaving, he's not on the labour site or literature and his own site has no signage of it.

    Why do you still think he's a member?

    Places - Dublin West Dáil Constituency
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dublin West
    Posts
    824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I reckon Pat is hoping that the labour party change their rules this year and kick him out, however if this government is to go its full term, then you will see Pat leave the labour party well before the next election is called, there could be slim possibility of the gullible fools out in Dublin West reelecting him if he is some independent candidate. There is no way HRH Princess Joan of Mulhuddart will allow him to be on the ticket with her.
    Finally "Labour Party" Councillor Michael O'Donovan issued a leaflet the end of last year with no mention of the labour party on it

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •