Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: €6.80 for a pint in Gogarty's Temple Bar - Ireland's rip off culture hasn't gone away you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default €6.80 for a pint in Gogarty's Temple Bar - Ireland's rip off culture hasn't gone away you know.

It's costing €6.80 for a pint of lager in the Oliver St John Gogarty pub in Temple Bar.

Predominantly a pub popular with tourists . . .what precisely does this say about our rip off culture after five years of so called austerity?

Imagine being a German tourist charged that amount when your local brew would be half the price?

For fairness this is not standard. A small number of pubs in central Dublin are selling pints of lager for as much as three euros cheaper (at €3.80). . .

Nice bar but

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They used to charge more than that. I once ordered a Guinness and a Bacardi Breezer 5 years ago and told the barman to stuff it when he told me the price. Haven't been back there since.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    It's costing €6.80 for a pint of lager in the Oliver St John Gogarty pub in Temple Bar.

Predominantly a pub popular with tourists . . .what precisely does this say about our rip off culture after five years of so called austerity?

Imagine being a German tourist charged that amount when your local brew would be half the price?

For fairness this is not standard. A small number of pubs in central Dublin are selling pints of lager for as much as three euros cheaper (at €3.80). . .

Nice bar but
    This? Again?

FFS....
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Market, prices and all of that. If people are willing to pay it leave 'em at it.
    Flash a-ah - King of the impossible

Politics.ie Member harshreality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shocking price!

Temple Bar is best avoided by any right thinking Irish person and clued in tourist!

Politics.ie Member Happytolearn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When we had parity between sterling and euro a few years back - I was home over Christmas and paid the equivalent of £7 for a pint of warm cider in Dublin. I winced at the bar - as I remember it I had more than one.
    I'm a better man now than I was that day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully this will encourage tourists to escape the Paddytrap of Temple Bar and explore the more interesting, and cheaper, pubs in Dublin city centre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Something forcing you to go there?

Go to the Shelbourne instead. Its a good bit cheaper.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's mental. Anything over 5.20 in a Dublin pub and I won't drink there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats an outrageous price. I have never drank nor will never drink there.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast