Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: stocking up for GoodFriday

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default stocking up for GoodFriday

I see Good Friday is coming up, a day when alcohol is not sold. Do people still stock up in the offi the night before and nightclubs open on the stroke of midnight?

for some odd reason it is available at train stations and on board ships.

Are people peeved with the day cos they are told they cannot drink or cannot possibly go out without boozing? Remember the outcry when a rugby match was specially organised to coincide with this so alcohol would have to be available. Afterall you cannot have a rugby match without alcohol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Claudius View Post
    I see Good Friday is coming up, a day when alcohol is not sold. Do people still stock up in the offi the night before and nightclubs open on the stroke of midnight?

Are people peeved with the day cos they are told they cannot drink or cannot possibly go out without boozing? Remember the outcry when a rugby match was specially organised to coincide with this so alcohol would have to be available. Afterall you cannot have a rugby match without alcohol.
    Judging from the results of the Irish team effort in the recent 6 nations, it's an essential commodity to help drown one's sorrows!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Resteraunts and hotels sell it. I know a few Muslim places who open up for a few swifties with the curry.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Judging from the results of the Irish team effort in the recent 6 nations, it's an essential commodity to help drown one's sorrows!
    maybe you should have been supporting the women who did alright and are easy on the eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe you should have been supporting the women who did alright and are easy on the eye.
    Easy on the eye? Get a grip!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Resteraunts and hotels sell it. I know a few Muslim places who open up for a few swifties with the curry.
    this gets more bizarre. how can they sell it and pubs cannot?

I remember years ago when the guards in Galway found people illegally drinking in a restaurant and Judge Mary Fahy threw the case out of court cos she did not agree with the law (Mary love thats not your job).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Easy on the eye? Get a grip!
    jaysus, I should have looked at the pictures before speaking. There are more men than I am though Drico and his mates look as if they moisturise and more interested in their appearance than playing the game.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to admit I find it strange that there are any days in which alcohol is not sold in Arter's little miserable Island.

It is almost compulsory.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It had to laugh when I bumped into a group of English hens who were just over for the night-Good Friday and had no idea no booze would be served. Maybe the exemption should be lifted for tourists?

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In this day and age it is ridiculous to still have this archaic law in place. Pubs should be allowed to open and sell alcohol. If a holy joe doesn't want to drink that's fine - it's their choice. They shouldn't stop those who do not believe the Christian story from having a drink or three if they wish to. Re post #9 above, I wonder how much revenue is lost because of the law?
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast