Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson shows us all why he could never lead the Tories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Boris Johnson shows us all why he could never lead the Tories.

Oh my goodness this is gloriously bad stuff from Boris. Discussing a new documentary which quite frankly appears to place a knife squarely in his chest, Boris showed up on the Marr show for a bit of a chat. That chat covers off his getting fired from the Times for faking a quote, multiple lies he's told to his management, and offering to provide information which he was told would lead to someone being assaulted.

Boris fails to answer any of these points, tries desperately to escape point after point from Eddie Mair who just eviscerates him on air. Just a fantastic piece, excellent work from Mair, it's one of the most damaging interviews I've ever seen.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    it's one of the most damaging interviews I've ever seen.
    The audio's banjoed on the laptop I'm on at the moment. but - coming as it does from a connoisseur such as your good self - this statement has me champing at the bit. I'll be watching this clip on the PC with my coffee first thing in the morning. Boris is long overdue an evisceration.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    The audio's banjoed on the laptop I'm on at the moment. but - coming as it does from a connoisseur such as your good self - this statement has me champing at the bit. I'll be watching this clip on the PC with my coffee first thing in the morning. Boris is long overdue an evisceration.
    Meh - Boris rules - you oiks!

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was masterly stuff from Mair. Too many people forget the nasty side of Johnson, and Mair did a good job of exposing it. Johnson has the bumbling loveable character routine down to a tee, but there are still a few people who know better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post

Oh my goodness this is gloriously bad stuff from Boris. Discussing a new documentary which quite frankly appears to place a knife squarely in his chest, Boris showed up on the Marr show for a bit of a chat. That chat covers off his getting fired from the Times for faking a quote, multiple lies he's told to his management, and offering to provide information which he was told would lead to someone being assaulted.

Boris fails to answer any of these points, tries desperately to escape point after point from Eddie Mair who just eviscerates him on air. Just a fantastic piece, excellent work from Mair, it's one of the most damaging interviews I've ever seen.
    Watched the first 5 minutes and Boris gives an honest and fair minded answer to immigration despite the typical lefty BBC Mair who is trying everything to insert the word leech regarding welfare tourists. I would love to be Mairs boss and tell him that positive discrimination is a new BBC policy and his job is going to a Polish/Sudanese/Nigerian/Chinese person.(betcha he would think differently then) Boris rightly talked about talented hard working immigrants while Mair is just another Labour lefty lickass.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

johnson is a crackpot and a buffoon, cameron and tory establishment would be well advised not to have anything to do with him.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    Watched the first 5 minutes and Boris gives an honest and fair minded answer to immigration despite the typical lefty BBC Mair who is trying everything to insert the word leech regarding welfare tourists. I would love to be Mairs boss and tell him that positive discrimination is a new BBC policy and his job is going to a Polish/Sudanese/Nigerian/Chinese person.(betcha he would think differently then) Boris rightly talked about talented hard working immigrants while Mair is just another Labour lefty lickass.
    I highly suggest you watch the next ten minutes, lest you go away with the wrong impression.

If only there was an Irish interviewer prepared to confront Irish politicians in the same way (and no, not a blustering narcissist like Vincent Browne). Would have come in very handy during the Ahern years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Considering Johnson was born in New York he has interesting views on immigration.

Johnson plays up to the bumbling idiot with the floppy blond hair and shirt hanging out very well. . . He knows it's a vote winner as it's so untypical of a leading politician in Britain.

I've never really felt he would be seriously considered a Tory leader in the end although he's definitely planning . . Hence the documentary. Others, like Adam Afriyie (the Tories own Obama), will step forward in 2015 to challenge Cameron.

From the interview it seems he's given Michael Howard some power of him by claiming that he never had a conversation with Howard over his affair.

The last minute or so is cringeworthy from a senior politician in his position.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Considering Johnson was born in New York he has interesting views on immigration.
    He would make a fine Republican Candidate for Presidency of The USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    I highly suggest you watch the next ten minutes, lest you go away with the wrong impression.
    bud1 tends to go away from stuff with the same impression that he brought to it.

It's a kind of filter mechanism that relieves one of such tiresome mechanisms as thinking, and all that other creepy "leftie" stuff.

Fair play to the man, though, he seems to thrive on it.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast