Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours that Assad has been assassinated.

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rumours that Assad has been assassinated.

Breaking: Assad Assassinated? | Opinion - Conservative

According to several reports, Syrian dictator Basher Assad had been shot by one of his bodyguards.

This comes via Israel News One and the French site JSS News.

Needless to say things are still chaotic and Syrian TV has been shut down, but the gist of it is that Assad was shot Saturday night by Mehdi Yacoubi, an Iranian officer who was part of Assad's security detail.

If Assad actually was killed by an Iranian security officer ( and one reportedly picked for the job by Iran's President Ahmadinejad himself) that opens up a major topic for speculation. Did the Iranians get tired of supporting Assad? Was Yacoubi a spy? Or did the Russians tell Iran it was time to cut Assad loose? We will undoubtedly find out, and I'm already working on it.

Assad has been taken to Shami Hospital in Damascus and reports differ as to whether he is dead or just seriously wounded. All roads leading to the hospital have reportedly been closed and there are also reports of heavy fighting going on in Damascus itself...we may be approaching end game here, with a Sunni Islamist regime taking over Syria.
    http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/7...s-the-internet

If it is true who doublecrossed who?
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it's true I hope they got his greedy wife too.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Already a thread on this, but for some reason it's not appearing on the main page.

As I said on that thread, I'm extremely skeptical about this story (especially the ''Iranian bodyguard'' bit) until it's confirmed by at least one reputable news source. Thus far it has not been.

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    Wow.
    Is that a 'holy fnck', wow, or a 'so what?', wow?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev408 View Post
    If it's true I hope they got his greedy wife too.
    Last I heard she was heavily pregnant.

You are a gobsh!te.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope the violence comes to an end.
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Other sources are saying that this isn't true

Meh. One nutter to be replaced by Islamic nutters. I find it hard to feel anything besides apathy about this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Last I heard she was heavily pregnant.

You are a gobsh!te.
    Last I heard she was tweeting and face booking about how blessed the mere mortals of Syria are that her murdering c*nt of a husband spared many of them their lives. Then her betters stopped her posting as she was infuriating the proles. I even read that one particularly moronic tool was making up names for the brutal Assad regime - you know, based loosely on their real names. Most people thought that poster was a ******************************wit.

I hope she's dead - she became obsessed with power and thought nothing of encouraging her sadistic, hopefully dead husband to brutalise innocent civilians.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast