Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: Attacks on the Vulnerable in Rural areas - Minister Shatter, where are you? How about doing your job?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Attacks on the Vulnerable in Rural areas - Minister Shatter, where are you? How about doing your job?

    A report in today's Sunday Independent informs us that a priest was again the victim of robbers who broke into the parochial house for the second time within a fortnight and an elderly lady in the same village was targeted, losing a large amount of money two weeks ago. With criminal scum such as these targeting the vulnerable, when will our Minister for Justice actually do something about this endemic crimewave sweeping the country wherein the aged and vulnerable are deliberately sought out and victimised?

    The report is here:Priest tied up during second raid on parochial home in a fortnight - Independent.ie

    If Minister Shatter prefers to spend his time wandering off to Israel and is not interested in dealing with what is happening in his own country under his watch, then the Taoiseach must replace him pronto. No if or buts or lameduck excuses or waffle. This has to be tackled once and for all. Now, Minister, do the job you were elected to do and for which you are being paid a handsome salary or else resign.
    Last edited by Dr Pat; 24th March 2013 at 11:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    A report in today's Sunday Independent informs us that a priest was again the victim of robbers who broke into the parochial house for the second time within a fortnight and an elderly lady in the same village was targeted, losing a large amount of money two weeks ago. With criminal scum such as these targeting the vulnerable, when will our Minister for Justice actually do something about this endemic crimewave sweeping the country wherein the aged and vulnerable are deliberately sought out and victimised.

    The report is here:Priest tied up during second raid on parochial home in a fortnight - Independent.ie

    If Minister Shatter prefers to spend his time wandering off to Israel and is not interested in dealing with what is happening in his own country under his watch, then the Taoiseach must replace him pronto. No if or buts or lameduck excuses or waffle. This has to be tackled once and for all. Now Minister do the job you were elected to do and for which you are being paid a handsome salary or else resign.
    He is, he's assisting the scum by closing Garda Stations and trying to cod the people that this will actually improve policing, my arse it will.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member statsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    54,571
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    A report in today's Sunday Independent informs us that a priest was again the victim of robbers who broke into the parochial house for the second time within a fortnight and an elderly lady in the same village was targeted, losing a large amount of money two weeks ago. With criminal scum such as these targeting the vulnerable, when will our Minister for Justice actually do something about this endemic crimewave sweeping the country wherein the aged and vulnerable are deliberately sought out and victimised.

    The report is here:Priest tied up during second raid on parochial home in a fortnight - Independent.ie

    If Minister Shatter prefers to spend his time wandering off to Israel and is not interested in dealing with what is happening in his own country under his watch, then the Taoiseach must replace him pronto. No if or buts or lameduck excuses or waffle. This has to be tackled once and for all. Now Minister do the job you were elected to do and for which you are being paid a handsome salary or else resign.

    Shatter => Israel. We all know where this is going, right?
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    46,516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    A report in today's Sunday Independent informs us that a priest was again the victim of robbers who broke into the parochial house for the second time within a fortnight and an elderly lady in the same village was targeted, losing a large amount of money two weeks ago. With criminal scum such as these targeting the vulnerable, when will our Minister for Justice actually do something about this endemic crimewave sweeping the country wherein the aged and vulnerable are deliberately sought out and victimised.

    The report is here:Priest tied up during second raid on parochial home in a fortnight - Independent.ie

    If Minister Shatter prefers to spend his time wandering off to Israel and is not interested in dealing with what is happening in his own country under his watch, then the Taoiseach must replace him pronto. No if or buts or lameduck excuses or waffle. This has to be tackled once and for all. Now Minister do the job you were elected to do and for which you are being paid a handsome salary or else resign.
    What do you want, an omnipresent Shatter standing at every crossroads in the country with a baseball bat and a menacing snarl? He's in Israel on government business, and him being there makes no impact good, bad or indifferent on government policy with regard to crime.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    46,516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    He is, he's assisting the scum by closing Garda Stations and trying to cod the people that this will actually improve policing, my arse it will.
    How would a Garda station open three hours a day have assisted either victim mentioned in the Sindo?
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Shatter => Israel. We all know where this is going, right?
    I don't give a fiddlers if he goes to the North Pole as long as he is doing his job. It is clear that he is not doing it but obviously you think it all part of a great anti-semitic campaign against this useless Minister. Great insight alright, on your part.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    east and west
    Posts
    22,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I think we have unrealistic expectations about precisely what law enforcement can do.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

  8. #8

    Default

    people in rural area will just have to band together more have ways of raising the alarm people ready to pull trailers across roads to close them 4x4's with seach lights and firing steps force these cu@ts to decamp their cars and then hunt them with dogs across fields
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dub Northside
    Posts
    8,973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    How would a Garda station open three hours a day have assisted either victim mentioned in the Sindo?
    Intelligence gathering is the most important tool law enforcement has, for that you need human contact on the ground, prevention beats detection any day of the week. Driving around in squad cars and setting up speed traps will do FA, AND YOU KNOW IT.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    What do you want, an omnipresent Shatter standing at every crossroads in the country with a baseball bat and a menacing snarl? He's in Israel on government business, and him being there makes no impact good, bad or indifferent on government policy with regard to crime.
    We all know that you are a FG hack but are you paid to post this drivel, defending the indefensible? Well, if the bould Minister can't arrange adequate policing to curtail this type of scum activity, it is logical that local communities will have to take matters into their own hands to protect themselves.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •