Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Germans Are Among 'Poorest' In Europe

  1. #1

    Default Germans Are Among 'Poorest' In Europe

    In a recent study conducted by the Bundesbank thousands of households were asked in-depth questions about their financial situations – including their income, property, outgoings and how likely it would be for them to lose their jobs. As it turns out Germans are mostly asset-poor compared to their European neighbors. For example renters the largest group in the study had assets of just €10,300.
    Last edited by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike; 23rd March 2013 at 11:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Dublin 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vision & Glory
    Posts
    12,986
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You'll love my German Debt Thread.

    All good things to those who wait


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin 4 View Post
    You'll love my German Debt Thread.

    All good things to those who wait

    is it in the making or already here?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    In a recent study conducted by the Bundesbank thousands of households were asked in-depth questions about their financial situations – including their income, property, outgoings and how likely it would be for them to lose their jobs. As it turns out Germans are mostly asset-poor compared to their European neighbors. For example renters the largest group in the study had assets of just €10,300.
    Ya - but renters are so protected under german lease law that they don't need to own the place they live. Owning property in Germany is for mugs.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Dublin 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vision & Glory
    Posts
    12,986
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    is it in the making or already here?
    Patience my friend...

    For release when the time is right.


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Ya - but renters are so protected under german lease law that they don't need to own the place they live. Owning property in Germany is for mugs.
    still poor. no surprise weidmann doesn't like the idea to bailout multi-millionaire public sector pensioners and to keep reckless politicians in the juice.
    Last edited by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike; 24th March 2013 at 12:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    east and west
    Posts
    22,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Losers.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toomebridge
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd imagine there are many people in eastern Europe that dream of being 'as poor' as the average German.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tallaght
    Posts
    13,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    In a recent study conducted by the Bundesbank thousands of households were asked in-depth questions about their financial situations – including their income, property, outgoings and how likely it would be for them to lose their jobs. As it turns out Germans are mostly asset-poor compared to their European neighbors. For example renters the largest group in the study had assets of just €10,300.
    10,300 assets Not bad imo.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Losers.
    and poor losers at it

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •