Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Austerity - Whats your problem ? You voted for it !!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Austerity - Whats your problem ? You voted for it !!!

As someone who didn't vote for parties who supported Austerity, I have to admit, I find it baffling (and ironic) that while the vast majority of people think Austerity isn't working, they still voted in greater numbers for political parties who support Austerity policies.

When you consider the recent polls which shows that 65%+ of Irish people still support centre right parties who have and continue to campaign on a pro-austerity platform, why do those voters then go on to complain when their chosen party (currently FG) implement the policies that they voted for ?

Those of us who campaigned for the removal of the bank debt from the Irish people lost the last election to those of you who voted in a FG manifesto which included a promise that 'we wont default on the bank debt and will pay back every cent of the circa €64 billion (of then other people's money).

As we know, FG then went on to negotiate a deal which permanently left us with other peoples losses (aka bank debt) for decades to come, thus guaranteeing years if not decades of Austerity to come, which includes tax hikes, service cuts etc. etc...

Anyway, why after you voted in FG (or likely FF next time) do you then go on to complain when the policies you voted in get implemented ??????

Politics.ie Member irishpancake's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nail on the Head my friend!!!

It is a total mystery, no doubt about it!!

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't vote for it!

Quote Originally Posted by wedwood View Post
    As someone who didn't vote for parties who supported Austerity, I have to admit, I find it baffling (and ironic) that while the vast majority of people think Austerity isn't working, they still voted in greater numbers for political parties who support Austerity policies.

When you consider the recent polls which shows that 65%+ of Irish people still support centre right parties who have and continue to campaign on a pro-austerity platform, why do those voters then go on to complain when their chosen party (currently FG) implement the policies that they voted for ?

Those of us who campaigned for the removal of the bank debt from the Irish people lost the last election to those of you who voted in a FG manifesto which included a promise that 'we wont default on the bank debt and will pay back every cent of the circa €64 billion (of then other people's money).

As we know, FG then went on to negotiate a deal which permanently left us with other peoples losses (aka bank debt) for decades to come, thus guaranteeing years if not decades of Austerity to come, which includes tax hikes, service cuts etc. etc...

Anyway, why after you voted in FG (or likely FF next time) do you then go on to complain when the policies you voted in get implemented ??????
    Agree with you re FF & FG; what would you expect from the banksters' chums. I voted left & gave a preference to Labour & that's where I have a problem. Gilmore said Labour's Way Not Frankfurt's Way but went on to FFaithFFully implement FF's FFailed austerity plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with austerity in Ireland is that there is no alternatives to it at the moment.

FG/lab/FF impose the cuts and tax rises cause they are told to do it by the ECB and anyone with a brain cell can see past SF/ULA populist "we are a real alternative" crap.

An economy is like a big wheel. it will take a hell of a push to get it going but once it gets going, the momentum well get it thru most obstacles. (the 2008 credit crunch was a big fecking obstacles tbf) now that it has stopped the government in all their infinite wisdom believe that positivity and pushing the wheel from both directs will work. the sad part is that it wont and it will take years for the economy to improve the lives of most people it has effected. The economy might be improving now but Irish society is dying and the government are lucky that a lot of young people have left.

Politics is brain dead in Ireland, no one on this site can tell me a party that will help Ireland to heal and not just place a plaster on it and act like nothing has happened.
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

Hiding or some underling apparatchik will be around any minute now giving it the old rhetoric about magic money trees and fairytail economics they have reverted completely to type at this stage and are more tired than the policies their economic illiterates are implementing in government
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I voted for Claire Daly.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And would again if the same candidates were on offer.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    And would again if the same candidates were on offer.
    why?
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

it will be interesting to see how Ben Gilroy polls in meath east very transfer friendly good performance here could see Ben take a seat here next general
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast