Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chomsky to speak in Dublin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Chomsky to speak in Dublin

Noam Chomsky is to speak in the RDS on the 3rd of April.
    The title of the lecture is ''Solidarity and the Responsibility to Protect''. It will be chaired by Bryan Dobson.
    The lecture is in Partnership with UCD, TCD and Front Line Defenders.

The inaugural Annual Front Line Defenders Lecture in partnership with UCD and TCD - Professor Noam Chomsky - Solidarity and Responsibility to Protect - RDS
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think James that a lot of posters on this site are probably having a heart attack at the very thought of that brilliant man Noam being in Dublin let alone going to see him.

I was actually planning to go to Dublin to see Khenpo-La, but apparently our civil servants have screwed up his visa application, on purpose or just being civil servants, who knows, so if I want to see him I will have to go to the U.K. where apparently the Brits welcome him with open arms. I wonder what harm our civil servants, or even our government mayhaps, think a Buddhist Monk could create? Noam Chomsky is skating on thin ice in present day Ireland. Apparently.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's also going to be speaking in UCD on the day before (2 euro if you join a society).

I cannot post links as I've not posted over 50 posts but if you google the following it will come up: UCD Philosophy Society Inaugural Lecture: "Can Civilization survive really existing capitalism?" by Noam Chomsky

Might attend both events myself, I missed him last time he was in Dublin like 3 years ago?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james5001 View Post
    Noam Chomsky is to speak in the RDS on the 3rd of April.
    The title of the lecture is ''Solidarity and the Responsibility to Protect''. It will be chaired by Bryan Dobson.
    The lecture is in Partnership with UCD, TCD and Front Line Defenders.

The inaugural Annual Front Line Defenders Lecture in partnership with UCD and TCD - Professor Noam Chomsky - Solidarity and Responsibility to Protect - RDS
    Just booked tickets, thanks for heads up. Would have been very disappointed had I missed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problem.
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice to see the Big D and our Norm on the same page.

Board of Trustees | Front Line
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A crashing bore.

Hear him boo hoo about the killing of Bin Laden.

Last edited by Hitch 22; 23rd March 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Save your money and watch Dershowitz wiping the floor with Chomsky

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch 22 View Post
    Save your money and watch Dershowitz wiping the floor with Chomsky

Save your money and buy some Lidl toilet paper insteadd

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sieghart View Post
    He's also going to be speaking in UCD on the day before (2 euro if you join a society).

I cannot post links as I've not posted over 50 posts but if you google the following it will come up: UCD Philosophy Society Inaugural Lecture: "Can Civilization survive really existing capitalism?" by Noam Chomsky

Might attend both events myself, I missed him last time he was in Dublin like 3 years ago?

Like was he indeed ? Sounds like you would be an ideal candidate for attendance........like.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast