Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bank of Ireland appoint ex FF Secretary General as head of group comms. and Government relations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bank of Ireland appoint ex FF Secretary General as head of group comms. and Government relations.

Just picked it up. Not on the wires yet.

Could you make it up if you tried?

The former Secretary General of FF, Pat Farrell, head of the Irish Bankers Federation during the boom and up until recently.

Do Bank of Ireland have a publicity death wish? After their huge salary announcement for Boucher, we have this.

Would you blame the ordinary joe on the street for having it up to here with the Banks.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The Banks own the State.

Not the other way around.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In fairness to the man, I think he quit as FF General Secretary circa 2000, so he can hardly be implicated in FF's policies on the economy to any huge extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    In fairness to the man, I think he quit as FF General Secretary circa 2000, so he can hardly be implicated in FF's policies on the economy to any huge extent.
    Head of the IBF?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post

The former Secretary General of FF, Pat Farrell, head of the Irish Bankers Federation during the boom and up until recently.

Do Bank of Ireland have a publicity death wish? After their huge salary announcement for Boucher, we have this.

Would you blame the ordinary joe on the street for having it up to here with the Banks.
    He's on the board of the HSE as well, is he not?

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post

Why do you think these people get jobs in the banks.. because the banks look after them.. because they looked after the banks... and so on, and so on.. the Golden Circle continues..

Is Tom Parlon still head of the CIF ?

I have to give it to Ben Dunne... people thought he was nuts when he said he was going to vote for SF before the last election, after he had been kidnapped by the IRA. But when asked why, he said that SF were the only party in the country who weren't up to their bol lix in vested interests... so had nothing to lose by breaking up the Golden Circles....

Watch over the next year and a half.. the amount of Labour TD's, who know they will be getting the boot at the next GE... start to mooch around looking for their next paycheck (especially now that the Seanad is gone)... this will affect how they legislate for the second half of this Dail term
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    He's on the board of the HSE as well, is he not?
    Used to the trough then
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Dylan2010

its good to see the government likes to recycle its own waste.....

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    Used to the trough then
    And the peaks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    I have to give it to Ben Dunne... people thought he was nuts when he said he was going to vote for SF before the last election, after he had been kidnapped by the IRA. But when asked why, he said that SF were the only party in the country who weren't up to their bol lix in vested interests... so had nothing to lose by breaking up the Golden Circles....
    Ben Dunne gave millions in bribes to various politicians. And you're giving him credit for wanting to break up the Golden Circles?

What a proud achievement for the Shinner movement, to get his support.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast