Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia apologises

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Australia apologises

I see the Australia prime minister has finally apologised for state sanctioned kidnapping of Aborigine children. they were taken from their parents to be raised by white families. A little know act of racism. 250,000 kids suffered from this.

I find it laughable that people will see the Nazis as evil, cos among another heinous deeds they kidnapped Polish children , who looked 'Aryan' to be raised by German foster parents yet the Australians not only did the same but continued the practice until the seventies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Irish are in no position to throw stones in that glasshouse. The last of the Magdalene laundries in Ireland closed in 1996.
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Claudius View Post
    I find it laughable that people will see the Nazis as evil, cos among another heinous deeds they kidnapped Polish children , who looked 'Aryan' to be raised by German foster parents yet the Australians not only did the same but continued the practice until the seventies.
    They only adopted aryan looking aborigines? You are joking me. Its heinous, but hardly racist adopting a black\brown child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post
    The Irish are in no position to throw stones in that glasshouse. The last of the Magdalene laundries in Ireland closed in 1996.
    And indeed, Irish children were "exported" to England for adoption.
    "Cast a cold eye ......."

Dylan2010

to be fair o wise one, I know very very little about Australia but I'm familiar enough with it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carl claudius View Post
    i find it laughable that people will see the nazis as evil
    wtf????

Dylan2010

Quote Originally Posted by stephens View Post
    They only adopted aryan looking aborigines? You are joking me. Its heinous, but hardly racist adopting a black\brown child.
    it was done with the intention of breeding them out of existance so there was a eugenics angle to it

Politics.ie Debater
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see the Australia prime minister has finally apologised for state sanctioned kidnapping of Aborigine children. they were taken from their parents to be raised by white families. A little know act of racism. 250,000 kids suffered from this.

That's not the reason people hate the Nazis.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    it was done with the intention of breeding them out of existance so there was a eugenics angle to it
    hmmm. Im confused about this. Doesnt make sense, to 'breed something out of existence'?
    Its still not really racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In your rush to get a post in you got your facts wrong. The historic moment happened in Australia on Feb. 12, 2008, when the government issued a formal apology. The then Prime Minister Kevin Rudd opted for an apology and no compensation. This time the Federal Parliament has voted in favour of an historic act of recognition which commits Australia to changing the Constitution to acknowledge indigenous Australians, on the fifth anniversary of the apology to the stolen generations. Not quite what your OP said
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast