Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 156 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: You Want Mortgage Debt Relief? Then get rid of all the following first!

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default You Want Mortgage Debt Relief? Then get rid of all the following first!

1. Second & subsequent cars.
    2. Private schools for the kids.
    3. Sky Sports.
    4. Foreign holidays.
    5. Health insurance.

Homeowners looking to write off mortgage debt will be told, for example, to drop their health insurance and sell off their second car.New criteria setting out the living standards for people having debt written off will also force people to:
    * Take their children out of private schools.
    * Give up foreign holidays.
    * Get rid of Sky Sports.
    Lose health cover and second car to get bank debt deal - Independent.ie
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how is it possible to live recklessly and not be able to pay the mortgage and get away with it?

why should anyone bother paying a mortgage if these people are exempt? there are still people who have not pay the property tax, boast of it and nothing has happened to them. Tis a great country for avoiding responsibilities!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...like ' live within your means' type of thing, we do not do that very well as we live in an entitlement culture led right from the top. I have no mortgage but we do not have a second car or Sky packages.

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can imagine the lobbyists for Sky will love that one ... car sales companies, private schools and so on

I can almost hear the words 'anti business activity measures' already...
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here we go again, the economic argument framed solely as problem that affects nice 'middle class' folk in Dublin. Does it ever occur to the brainless tossers that write these things that there are already people without cars at all, or never have had children in private education but are struggling to put them through college, or holidays, foreign or otherwise, are a dream and that Sky sports was never even installed in the first place!

They really need to cop on!
    Once your ability to function within society depends on a government controlled ID card then you are no longer a free citizen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    1. Second & subsequent cars.
    2. Private schools for the kids.
    3. Sky Sports.
    4. Foreign holidays.
    5. Health insurance.

Lose health cover and second car to get bank debt deal - Independent.ie
    What do you think yourself Aindriu?
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    Here we go again, the economic argument framed solely as problem that affects nice 'middle class' folk in Dublin. Does it ever occur to the brainless tossers that write these things that there are already people without cars at all, or never have had children in private education but are struggling to put them through college, or holidays, foreign or otherwise, are a dream and that Sky sports was never even installed in the first place!

They really need to cop on!
    It's just a way of painting everyone with the same brush so they can get what they want. I doubt if even 2% of those in mortgage distress send their kids to private schools.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem for people in mortgage arrears is that they did enter into the contract and they are liable. If the mortgage provider gave the loan in good faith having done all the checks, and I'm not convinced they all did, then the contract is good and one way or another has to be honoured. If that means giving up things then what else is there?

If mortgages could be changed to rental with the bank selling when the family can down size that might be the best way of avoiding foreclosure and allowing people to stay in their homes. It might also be the most discreet way.
    Its Up to ME

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    What do you think yourself Aindriu?
    I agree mostly. No-one should expect help with their mortgage whilst continuing to pay out on all the listed things. they are all luxuries after all, not life's necessities.

I have been in trouble with a mortgage myself - years ago now. We paired right back to the bone. Basic TV package etc. Even got rid of the car and bought a couple of bikes and a child seat as we lived in a large UK town then.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Dylan2010

its better if people default and get on with their lives, 30 years of living with the wolf at the door is no life and excessive debt relief is not fair on everyone else

Page 1 of 156 123451151101 ... LastLast