Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Urgent appeal for some good samaritans

Default Urgent appeal for some good samaritans

Are You Free Tomorrow? | Broadsheet.ie

It seems very sad that a servant of the people should be allowed to go to rest completely alone. If anyone is in the area tomorrow and free, you couldn't go too far wrong to drop in and pay some respects

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's dead. Too late to be nice now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

RIP

Won't be able make it though. I'll spare a thought and prayer at 11 30 though.

Politics.ie Member moralhazard77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RIP.
    It's sad that he didn't have anyone. I don't live in Dublin but I'm sure people will turn up, especially army.

It reminds me of a story I heard recently from someone who worked in a nursing home.
    They had a Christmas party and gave presents to all the residents. One old man started crying and when they asked him what was wrong.
    He said no one had ever given him a present before.
    The role of the EU is to make the rich in Europe richer - Vincent Browne

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In some ways the worst thing that can happen to any of us is that we outlive our generation. Its not unusual to be the last of the line I've known of people who outlived their family, friends and children when that happens you're alone.
    Its Up to ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a very sad story but there will a good number of people to attend this man's funeral Hopefully the call went out yesterday to any serving or ex service person to attend.

The irish defence forces veterans associations started a Facebook request and the organisation of national exservice men and women will also be sending people as well.

If any here are in Dublin and are free for an hour they could pop over to show solidarity to a servant of the state.
    Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlowIn View Post
    This is a very sad story but there will a good number of people to attend this man's funeral Hopefully the call went out yesterday to any serving or ex service person to attend.

The irish defence forces veterans associations started a Facebook request and the organisation of national exservice men and women will also be sending people as well.

If any here are in Dublin and are free for an hour they could pop over to show solidarity to a servant of the state.
    I'm told that the church was packed this morning for the funeral Mass for this former defence force member.
    I believe the Garda Commissioner himself attended.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish