Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fianna Fáil Motion of No Confidence in James Reilly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fianna Fáil Motion of No Confidence in James Reilly

So.... as of today, FF can table their MoNC in Minister Reilly. Micheál Martin said back in November they would be tabling the motion as soon as Dáil procedures would allow. It would be perfect timing for it just before the BE in Meath East and it would also put a lot of pressure on the Labour party.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, Mr Martin said Fianna Fáil would move the motion as soon as Dáil procedures would allow.
    He accused Mr Reilly of dishonesty in his handling of the primary care sites process.
    "We now learn from Freedom of Information that the minister was not telling us the truth, neither was the Government, in relation to how that process occurred.
    "And principally we learn there was no rationale for the addition of 15 more (centres), there was no substantial or rigorous criteria involved," he said.
    Mr Martin said the minister had only survived the last vote because Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore and the Labour Party supported him.
    FF no confidence motion unjustified, says Reilly - RTÉ News

What do people think ?

Will FF go ahead with it or will they save it for a rainy day ? If they do, will Reilly survive again given all that's passed since then including talking to NAMA re the PCCs, bumping hospital upgrades, what happened to Shortall.... and all the rest OR, as I suspect, will Reilly get shuffled sideways before there is a chance for the Labour party (and some FG back bench warmers) to try to use the vote to regain some credibility within their base ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How did Mehole do in Health ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just in time for the by-election. What a coincidence.

Personally, this seems like silly tactics to me. Reilly has been bashed repeatedly in the last 12 months, do they think that another round of it will get them votes? Is Health and/or Reilly really the burning issue on the doorsteps in Meath?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yawn another act of political grandstanding by the opposition, FG did the same when Harney was minister for health twice I think and now the FF cretins are submitting a motion of no confidence in Reilly for the 2nd time in 6 months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it an actual vote of confidence or has Mehole commissioned a report on the performance of the bearded one ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, FG went out of their way to protect him in the Dáil today from any challenging questions.

FF accuses James Reilly of ‘rigging’ question time in Dáil
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Increased the number of trollies and introduced a smokescreen (smoking ban) so we would not notice .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    They are still waiting for the report on that but when they get it, nobody will read it.
    Regards...jmcc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devoutcapitalist View Post
    Yawn another act of political grandstanding by the opposition, FG did the same when Harney was minister for health twice I think and now the FF cretins are submitting a motion of no confidence in Reilly for the 2nd time in 6 months.
    It was SF that tabled the last motion, I think.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can someone PM James Reilly and ask him to check behind all the radiators for any reports not acted upon by Mehole Martian.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast