Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 187

Thread: AGSI Facing Criminal Proceedings ; GRA 'Losing Control' of Members

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,492
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default AGSI Facing Criminal Proceedings ; GRA 'Losing Control' of Members

    It has come to light that the head of the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors, John Redmond, is facing legal action should he continue to represent his members through protesting against the governments plans to introduce Croke Park 2. The head of the Garda Representative Association, PJ Stone, has also stated that he feels that he is no longer able to control the actions of his members. He is making it quite clear that a major escalation of industrial action is on the cards, and this is something which will be orchestrated through the rank and file itself rather than through the established representative associations.

    Relations between An Garda Síochána and the government have never been so tense, and the attitude of Minister Shatter is making matters worse. It seems that the Gardai are on a collision course with the government.

    AGSI boss 'faces criminal investigation' if he continues protest

    The head of the Garda Representative Association has said he fears losing control of the anger of rank-and-file members.

    Meanwhile, a Garda Sergeant has revealed he faces a criminal investigation for his role in the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors.
    GRA protest at the Dáil over cuts to pay

    Gardai protest outside Dail against pay cuts

    "At the end of the day, you can only push people so far," he said, "and if you isolate people to the extent that they feel that nobody cares or that nobody's listening, well then sometimes you lose control. I hope that doesn't happen," he added.
    Meanwhile, Gardai throughout the country are continuing to meet and demand for an orchestrated campaign of industrial unrest.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgrade Serbia
    Posts
    37,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They have little enough to be complaing about with their 157 special allowances and such. Touch of reality needs to dawn on them i think.
    Сохранить Украины

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member edifice.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    It has come to light that the head of the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors, John Redmond, is facing legal action should he continue to represent his members through protesting against the governments plans to introduce Croke Park 2. The head of the Garda Representative Association, PJ Stone, has also stated that he feels that he is no longer able to control the actions of his members. He is making it quite clear that a major escalation of industrial action is on the cards, and this is something which will be orchestrated through the rank and file itself rather than through the established representative associations.

    Relations between An Garda Síochána and the government have never been so tense, and the attitude of Minister Shatter is making matters worse. It seems that the Gardai are on a collision course with the government.

    AGSI boss 'faces criminal investigation' if he continues protest



    GRA protest at the Dáil over cuts to pay

    Gardai protest outside Dail against pay cuts



    Meanwhile, Gardai throughout the country are continuing to meet and demand for an orchestrated campaign of industrial unrest.
    What such workers need to recognise is that they are dealing with people who are financially insulated from the current, or any future, crisis. Shatter et al have nothing to lose, nothing!
    All great truths begin as blasphemies!

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cylon-occupied Caprica
    Posts
    3,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Any Garda who even remotely threatens to engage in political campaigning against the Government should be prosecuted and dismissed from the Gardai. Just think how serious that is if it was tolerated even for a second.

    This would have one great knock-on effect: it would free up some money to re-open Templemore ahead of schedule.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member corelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I am firmly of the view that a few of them need making examples of. Prosecuted and dismissed, if warranted.

    They really do live in cloud cookoo land.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

  6. #6
    Dylan2010
    Guest

    Default

    good cop bad cop much? , whine away, no one is listening

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,492
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    They have little enough to be complaing about with their 157 special allowances and such. Touch of reality needs to dawn on them i think.
    The question is as to whether this is all bluster from the representative bodies, or as to whether there is indeed something fermenting behind the scenes.

    From what I have been hearing, there is a massive amount of disillusionment in the force. Some have been saying that this disillusionment is now turning into outright anger, especially amongst the younger generation of the force who now makes up a massive proportion of the entire force.

    Industrial action is already ongoing in the form of non-cooperation. The government should probably tread carefully.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member daveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    Any Garda who even remotely threatens to engage in political campaigning against the Government should be prosecuted and dismissed from the Gardai. Just think how serious that is if it was tolerated even for a second.

    This would have one great knock-on effect: it would free up some money to re-open Templemore ahead of schedule.
    of course it will be tolerated

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member edifice.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    Any Garda who even remotely threatens to engage in political campaigning against the Government should be prosecuted and dismissed from the Gardai. Just think how serious that is if it was tolerated even for a second.

    This would have one great knock-on effect: it would free up some money to re-open Templemore ahead of schedule.
    And what if it's for the Government?
    All great truths begin as blasphemies!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    20,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    They have little enough to be complaing about
    Neither have you with your free EU money . . . For sitting on your hole all day posting here moaning about others.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •