Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SF Solidarity For Non-Aligned Organisation (PIRA)

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default SF Solidarity For Non-Aligned Organisation (PIRA)

Oh hum,

SINN Fein members have walked out of Newry policing partnership in protest at IRA charges being laid against a senior south Armagh republican.

Sean Hughes from Jonesborough was arrested on March 1 and charged with IRA membership. He was arrested in relation to the murder of Robert McCartney outside a Belfast pub in 2005, which caused major repercussions for Sinn Fein.
    my oh my

They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance

lol

He added: “Sinn Fein will acknowledge when the PSNI do their job efficiently and impartially but at the same time we will question and challenge them when we believe they have not.”
    Sinn Fein walk out in protest at IRA charges - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

The message is clear SF/IRA believe they should be untouchable for any crime and yet demand everyone be 'accountable'...Do as we say not as we do...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Oh hum,

my oh my

lol

The message is clear SF/IRA believe they should be untouchable for any crime and yet demand everyone be 'accountable'...Do as we say not as we do...
    The juvenile unionist Fluffykontbiscuits* posting totally inane sh!te as usual

*Aka between the bridges
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like a poor showing from Sinn Féin. Why would the police alert a suspect (I'd note that this man has not been convicted of any crime as it stands) of their approach?
    If the suspect is subsequently proven innocent then the police should be held accountable for any breaches of the law, but until that time, SF should suspend judgement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh hum,

my oh my

They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance
    It's a pity you didn't quote the article properly ya silly childish pr*ck. It was UUP councillor Andy Moffett who made the allegation about SF " They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance. "

Here it is - " UUP councillor Andy Moffett, a member of the partnership, said he felt strongly about Sinn Fein’s actions.
    “The Sinn Fein members walked out of the meeting,” he (Moffett) said. “One of the independent members, Declan Murphy, led the walkout over what they said was an attack on Sean Hughes. They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance. But my view is that nobody is above the law.

Moffet also said " He said that Sinn Fein councillor Terry Hearty said the warrant for Mr Hughes’ arrest was signed on January 8 but Mr Hearty made the accusation that this was not used until seven weeks later, to coincide with the arrest of Willie Frazer.

Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    Looks like a poor showing from Sinn Féin. Why would the police alert a suspect (I'd note that this man has not been convicted of any crime as it stands) of their approach?
    If the suspect is subsequently proven innocent then the police should be held accountable for any breaches of the law, but until that time, SF should suspend judgement.
    It's Moffett's allegation about SF, not a quote from SF. Typical of Fluffykontbiscuits the biggest pr*ck on P.ie to start such a typical childish thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Five hours?
    Nearly as long as a loyalist hunger strike.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever about the alleged bias of the OP, did SF walk out over the arrest or not ?
    Simple question.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    Five hours?
    Nearly as long as a loyalist hunger strike.
    That's giving them a bit too much credit though.

*There would be a mural somewhere if they made it to five hours...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Oh hum,

my oh my

lol

A drill for when the arrests follow the release of the Boston tapes ? petunia

Its definitely a slow day in the serious news department....anyone out there have a more important story...................like mints.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast