Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Alan Shatter put Irish Troops in danger by his conduct in Lebanon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Has Alan Shatter put Irish Troops in danger by his conduct in Lebanon?

In this interview with the Daily Star in Lebanon Alan Shatter voiced the exact Israeli Government line on the question of Hezbollah.

As the Irish Army has to work on a day to day basis with Hezbollah in Lebanon what is the Irish Minister of Defence doing enunciating Israeli Government policy on this matter?

Is this official Irish Government policy?
    If it is then there is no alternative but to have an immediate withdrawal of all Irish troops from Lebanon and the Golan. If not, Shatter has to be sacked. It is as simple as that.

Irish minister: Hezbollah has just one wing | News , Politics | THE DAILY STAR

BEIRUT: It is not a “valid distinction” to differentiate between Hezbollah’s military and political wings, Alan Shatter, Ireland’s minister for defense, justice and equality, said Sunday. “I don’t believe that distinction is a valid distinction,” Shatter, presently on an official visit to Lebanon, told The Daily Star.
    “I think Hezbollah is a single organization,” he continued, adding: “it doesn’t reflect ... the structure of the IRA [Irish Republican Army] where the IRA, or Provisional IRA, was a military wing and Sinn Fein was a political wing.”
    (Yes, I know there are other threads on Israel but this is important in itself - I know that the interview is being discussed with great concern by others involved in the present situation in the Middle East. The Jewish Chronicle is already running with the story).
    Last edited by timhorgan; 17th March 2013 at 03:10 AM.
    From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Eamon Gilmore will probably have a say in this decision on Hezbollah so I would say "not so fast". If Hezbollah did commit the attack in Burgas, then it;s military wing should be declared a terrorist organisation. But do not rule out it could have been a false-flag attack by Mossad to get the EU to do this. In the 1950's they staged terror attacks from the Sinai as a pretext to invade.
    Save the 27th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the Jewish Chronicle story-

Hizbollah row may lead to Irish cabinet split | The Jewish Chronicle

Extract:

Alan Shatter: ‘not valid’ to differentiate between HIzbollah wings

The Irish Defence Minister may have created a potential domestic dispute with government colleagues after suggesting it was “not valid” to differentiate between Hizbollah’s political and military wings.

Alan Shatter appeared to depart from government policy by questioning the separation of the Iranian-backed terror group’s wings by a number of European governments.

The Irish government has yet to outline its position on whether Hizbollah should be proscribed by the Europe Union.
    From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's time Shatter stuck to his brief. This is for Gilmore to hang himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you getting paid for all these threads or what? Would you consider just a bit obsessed at this stage? Is there any other topic on earth which interests other than starting threads on the middle east?? Just asking.
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Are you getting paid for all these threads or what? Would you consider just a bit obsessed at this stage? Is there any other topic on earth which interests other than starting threads on the middle east?? Just asking.

drummed, almost every thread that goes up , you're on it, whinging. You don't ever contribute to the subject matter of the threads so why bother ? Are you incapable of ignoring them ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalipa View Post
    drummed, almost every thread that goes up , you're on it, whinging. You don't ever contribute to the subject matter of the threads so why bother ? Are you incapable of ignoring them ?
    I'm just nosy you could say. This poster spends 24/7 on here continually starting the same basic thread. What motivates such a person and why is he so obsessed with the issue? Its a genuine question. I really want to know.

That's what motivates me to come here. To find out stuff.
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    I'm just nosy you could say. This poster spends 24/7 on here continually starting the same basic thread. What motivates such a person and why is he so obsessed with the issue? Its a genuine question. I really want to know.
    That doesn't make sense, why does anyone post on any subject here . You spend 24/7 on here posting the same things over and over again, why are you so obsessed ?

Politics.ie Member Windowshopper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the next Shatter thread going to be : 'Shatter walks into Dáil chamber with untied shoe lace. When will Kenny get rid of this disgrace?' I imagine somewhere down the thread some genius would add the following contribution 'He wouldn't do that in the Knesset.'

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know what definitely puts Irish troops in danger? Sending them to Lebanon.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast