Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106

Thread: UK City Of Culture Flagship 12th

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,986
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default UK City Of Culture Flagship 12th

    “Flagship status is granted through the NITB and it will help attract tourists into the City that day and in the days beforehand, which will give traders a financial boost,” he said.

    Mr Wray said the City Grand Lodge was expecting around five thousand people to take part in the parade in the old city of Londonderry.

    “We are very upbeat about all the events this year and we hope that every section of the community can buy into this event, especially now that it is a Flagship Twelfth,” he said.
    Flagship status for 2013 Twelfth in City - Local - Londonderry Sentinel

    Excellent that the first day of the cultural parading season is marked by the NITB decision to grant flagship status to the London-derry 12th July, (another big day out for my mate IID.)Welcome news given that last years season inculding covenant 100th celebrations helped to boost NI's hotel occupancy by 13% (rest of the UK averaged a 1.5% decrease) and that the season boosted NI's economy by an estimated 65 million.


    We can also add in 80 quid for my new boots!!
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  2. #2
    moderateeastlderryunionis
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Flagship status for 2013 Twelfth in City - Local - Londonderry Sentinel

    Excellent that the first day of the cultural parading season is marked by the NITB decision to grant flagship status to the London-derry 12th July, (another big day out for my mate IID.)Welcome news given that last years season inculding covenant 100th celebrations helped to boost NI's hotel occupancy by 13% (rest of the UK averaged a 1.5% decrease) and that the season boosted NI's economy by an estimated 65 million.


    We can also add in 80 quid for my new boots!!
    I attend the twelth for social reasons, like a considerable amount of people, I dont attend for political nor religious reasons like most republicans believe. I am definitly not in a minority here when i say that the twelth is an important and crucial date for businesses around Northern Ireland

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Legolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK.
    Posts
    2,833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moderateeastlderryunionis View Post
    I attend the twelth for social reasons, like a considerable amount of people, I dont attend for political nor religious reasons like most republicans believe. I am definitly not in a minority here when i say that the twelth is an important and crucial date for businesses around Northern Ireland
    How have you been Frosty?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moderateeastlderryunionis View Post
    I attend the twelth for social reasons, like a considerable amount of people, I dont attend for political nor religious reasons like most republicans believe. I am definitly not in a minority here when i say that the twelth is an important and crucial date for businesses around Northern Ireland
    It's is. Most people bail out of the place and avoid shops and restaurants more than most other days of the year for fear of being caught up i sectarian hatred. And as for social reasons. Give us a break. You lie down with dogs and you get fleas. Wise up!
    #3amigos

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Flagship status for 2013 Twelfth in City - Local - Londonderry Sentinel

    Excellent that the first day of the cultural parading season is marked by the NITB decision to grant flagship status to the London-derry 12th July, (another big day out for my mate IID.)Welcome news given that last years season inculding covenant 100th celebrations helped to boost NI's hotel occupancy by 13% (rest of the UK averaged a 1.5% decrease) and that the season boosted NI's economy by an estimated 65 million.


    We can also add in 80 quid for my new boots!!
    Lol.

    Jeppers!
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    How have you been Frosty?
    Lol. Great call
    Last edited by Northtipp; 16th March 2013 at 07:09 PM.
    #3amigos

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member belfast1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ah the 12th of July and the annual tradition of me having a lie in, relaxing, doing very little and having a quiet day.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfast1981 View Post
    Ah the 12th of July and the annual tradition of me having a lie in, relaxing, doing very little and having a quiet day.
    Never mind the 12th, it's Paddies tomorrow, a bit of sunshine and we'll be fek'n rocking.

    Ahhhhh....
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toomebridge
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I still can't get over Sinn Fein supporting the city of culture bid, I really can't.

    They should hang their heads in shame.

  10. #10
    moderateeastlderryunionis
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    It's is. Most people bail out of the place and avoid shops and restaurants more than most other days of the year for fear of being caught up i sectarian hatred. And as for social reasons. Give us a break. You lie down with dogs and you get fleas. Wise up!
    I come out for the social gathering. I went to belfast last year and couldnt believe the amount of people that were there, I estimated 15.000 on the dublin road, all spending money and enjoying themselves, where there is fun it shall attract people, i was joined by 7 or 8 spanish tourists who were supping harp, i seen many tourists watching the parade. Is what i stated a bad thing? And i am not or never have been called frosty.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •