Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Murder Gangs Target Terminally Ill Cancer Patient

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Republican Murder Gangs Target Terminally Ill Cancer Patient

However, within two hours of arriving home he was visited by police carrying a warning that dissident republicans were planning an attempt on his life.
    Dissident death threat to Willie Frazer hours after release - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

Is there no end to the depravity of these sectarian gangsters? targeting a terminally ill civil rights activists is surely an all time low even for violent republicanism...

Seriously while I have no sympathy for WF's brand of politics, I do have some sympathy for the man himself he is a product of the troubles and his experiences have made him what he is*. While many/most have moved on (too various degrees) there are those on both 'sides' of the divide that still live in the conflict.

As for those who wish to dismiss the 'dissidents' as irrelevant, imho they are the biggest** threat to normalisation of our society, there have been over 1000 Republican attacks since the GFA.
    "In total, over 700 people were injured and an additional 59 were killed by Dissident Republican groups between 1997 and 2011."
    Violence returns to the streets of Northern Ireland

* insert ones own colorful opinion.

**in built tribalism in both communities is also a major problem, but I do genuinely believe that given time and a peaceful environment we will over come this.
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't know he had cancer. That's sad. Death threats are sick, but it seems they are being handed out by the barrel load recently with Martin McGuinness getting them too.

No need for them and do nothing to move this country forward.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Incurable cancer is an appalling vista for anyone to be faced with. Very, very sad, and I hope the people responsible for this are caught and brought to justice.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Dissident death threat to Willie Frazer hours after release - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

Is there no end to the depravity of these sectarian gangsters? targeting a terminally ill civil rights activists is surely an all time low even for violent republicanism...

Seriously while I have no sympathy for WF's brand of politics, I do have some sympathy for the man himself he is a product of the troubles and his experiences have made him what he is*. While many/most have moved on (too various degrees) there are those on both 'sides' of the divide that still live in the conflict.

As for those who wish to dismiss the 'dissidents' as irrelevant, imho they are the biggest** threat to normalisation of our society, there have been over 1000 Republican attacks since the GFA.

Violence returns to the streets of Northern Ireland

* insert ones own colorful opinion.

**in built tribalism in both communities is also a major problem, but I do genuinely believe that given time and a peaceful environment we will over come this.
    I in no way advocate violence or murder.

It is ironic however that this is being discussed after the flag protests which stopped people getting to hospital (where on one occasion an old man was taunted and laughed at by thugs) and other health workers could not reach sick patients because of road blocks.

It's important to put everything in perspective. The recent protests caused injury, harm and chaos to people's lives; is that the price people are willing to pay for a flag? (Apparently yes).

*And of course you can say the same about dissident republicans.

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A load of bollox. Anyone believing this is of their rocker. The man is the gift who keeps on giving. I know anti-GFA republicans who enjoy his madness and want him to live a long life in his role as #fleg man and prominent unionist spokesman.

The usual forces at work here, just like the mortar tube found today - nothing to do with Irish republicans

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    A load of bollox. Anyone believing this is of their rocker. The man is the gift who keeps on giving. I know anti-GFA republicans who enjoy his madness and want him to live a long life in his role as #fleg man and prominent unionist spokesman.

The usual forces at work here, just like the mortar tube found today - nothing to do with Irish republicans
    Given WF's 700 odd votes the last time he stood for election just how 'prominent' of a 'unionist spokesman', do you believe he is? The fact he feeds your need to demonise unionism puts your views on a par, but sure you are ready know that global jamie...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Given WF's 700 odd votes the last time he stood for election just how 'prominent' of a 'unionist spokesman', do you believe he is? The fact he feeds your need to demonise unionism puts your views on a par, but sure you are ready know that global jamie...
    Come on now, stop trying to downplay his role and influence recently. He's a prominent dissident loyalist lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interestingly tonight I heard that a few years back when Willie's wife was manning the calls for FAIR which also had a 24 hour mobile line that she texted pictures of ballied UDA men to those who she had a disagreement with, including republicans who phoned up to take the piss lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    Come on now, stop trying to downplay his role and influence recently. He's a prominent dissident loyalist lol
    if a high level of media coverage makes one a prominent leader one can assume Justin Bieber is a shoo in as next Canadian prime minister... id say Mr Harper is quaking

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does it make a difference if he has cancer or not?
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast