Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistani Soldier Stoned To Death For Relationship With Local Girl

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pakistani Soldier Stoned To Death For Relationship With Local Girl

You have to despair of the human race sometimes. This is like something out of the bible. A Pakistani soldier apparently fell in love with a local woman in a deeply conservative semiautonomous tribal region. The locals did not approve. The fate of the girl is unclear, but as generally speaking women get stoned in Pakistan more than men, we can probably expect a grisly fate for her too.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Tribesmen tied a Pakistani soldier to the hood of a car and stoned him to death in the country's restive northwest for allegedly having a romantic relationship with a local woman, government officials and a tribal elder said Wednesday.

The grisly incident took place Tuesday in Parachinar, the capital of the Kurram tribal area. Kurram is part of Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal region, which runs along the country's border with Afghanistan and is dominated by conservative Pashtun tribesmen.

The soldier, Nooruddin Aalam, allegedly began his relationship with the woman during a previous posting in the area, said a local government official. He was transferred elsewhere three months ago but returned to see the woman in recent days, said the official.

Residents allegedly caught the couple dating, said a local tribal elder. Leaders of various tribes met Monday and decided the soldier should be executed according to Islamic law, said the elder.

A second government official said locals took Aalam to a graveyard, tied him to the hood of a car and stoned him to death, then shot him.
    Pakistani Soldier Stoned To Death For Relationship With Local Girl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Moloney View Post
    You have to despair of the human race sometimes. This is like something out of the bible. A Pakistani soldier apparently fell in love with a local woman in a deeply conservative semiautonomous tribal region. The locals did not approve. The fate of the girl is unclear, but as generally speaking women get stoned in Pakistan more than men, we can probably expect a grisly fate for her too.

Pakistan must be the most awful hell hole on the face of the planet.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stone age barbarity lives on in Pakistan that's for sure.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Priests and Politicians, the greatest evils ever known to man,

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Moloney View Post

I don't think anyone in Ireland can condemn this without being hypocritical.

Northern Ireland not so long ago. The woman tied to the post who was tarred and feathered was from Derry.

From BBC News - Has Northern Ireland left the past behind?

I remember not so long ago what happened when a protestant and a catholic had a relationship in Northern Ireland. I remember the way both communities would react against them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post

Northern Ireland not so long ago.

I remember not so long ago what happened when a protestant and a catholic had a relationship in Northern Ireland. I remember the way both communities would react against them.
    Religion and politics yet again,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep.........stone age stuff alright.......although they do like their nukes.......go figure......

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Religion and politics yet again,
    Religion on its own is quite often enough.

Add politics to the mix and you always have a recipe for disaster.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tied to a car? Was it his own?
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post

Northern Ireland not so long ago. The woman tied to the post who was tarred and feathered was from Derry.

so...........I condemn the incident in Pakistan......so I'm being a hypocrite? WTF???

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast