Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryanair To Buy 200 Boeing Planes Worth $18 billion

Default Ryanair To Buy 200 Boeing Planes Worth $18 billion

Europe's worst low fares airline Ryanair is going to buy 200 Boeing aircrafts to the tune of $18 billion.

If I can help it I avoid flying ShyteAir but this deal could be deadly for Europe's worst low fares airline. A knew-jerk reaction to the recent EU ruling on the Aer Lingus acquisition? Or a sound business decision for the better and cheaper aircraft?
    Last edited by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike; 13th March 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would think that if you are right, which i very much doubt, it is a very expensive knee jerk reaction

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    Europe's worst low fares airline Ryanair is going to buy 200 Boeing aircrafts to tune of $18 billion.

If I can help I avoid flying ShyteAir but this deal could be deadly for Europe's worst low fares airline. A knew-jerk reaction to the recent EU ruling on the Aer Lingus acquisition? Or sound business decision for the better and cheaper aircraft?
    Michael O'Leary is a horrible man. But he knows how to make money. Ryanair haven't spent €18bn without doing their sums.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why do people crib about ryanair... if you don't like them, you dont use them

i travelled aer lingus a few weeks ago to the UK... and the flight was grand.. but no different than had it been one of the many Ryanair flights I've taken.. get on a plane, go up, come down, get off.. what exactly do people expect ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    why do people crib about ryanair... if you don't like them, you dont use them

i travelled aer lingus a few weeks ago to the UK... and the flight was grand.. but no different than had it been one of the many Ryanair flights I've taken.. get on a plane, go up, come down, get off.. what exactly do people expect ?
    To be treated like a paying customer. Not like some pr!ck who's putting them out by giving them my money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Irish Independent today said the deal would be announced at a meeting between US president Barack Obama and Taoiseach Enda Kenny at the White House during an annual reception to mark St Patrick’s Day.
    Nice.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O'Leary can be a silly twat at times but he knows how to make money and to stick it to the good for nothing wasters in the unions which is great. Way to go, boy!

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Nice.
    yes nice, O'Leary is giving the US economy a bit of a bailout here.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Foil Hat View Post
    To be treated like a paying customer. Not like some pr!ck who's putting them out by giving them my money.
    You pay for a flight somewhere... 99.99% of the time.. that's what happens.. you get a flight somewhere.. exactly what else do you want.. honestly like ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was also mentioned that the actually only paid 9 BN for the 18 bn book value of the planes so good deal if true.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast