Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Corruption Exposed Since 2011?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How Much Corruption Exposed Since 2011?

Is there anyone out there who would have the patience or brilliance of mind to recall all the political scandals, little and large, since the beginning of this coalition's start in office 2011.

I think we tend to forget them, very quickly, as we are emersed in yet another scandal. But a list of them would remind us all of the betrayal we felt as each scandal hits the headlines, then fades away until the next one. All political parties, all politians, T.D.s, Senators and Councillors included.

If we get the list going, we could then add to it as the corrupt shower of shíts continue making hay while the people cry.

Any takers? I'd do it but I can't remember my own name most days even with the fish oil.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not half enough imo.

In fact one of the biggest scandals is that the citizens of Ireland keep electing the same old scandalmongers....I mean is'nt that what they do?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good question.

There was a lot of corruption in the decade before the borrowing binge collapsed.

We all know stories of some of the events that occurred. Local authorities. Utilities. Auctioneers. Mortgage providers.

And there is not a whiff of it in the media.

Ireland Inc. needs a polished veneer to impress everybody (and presumably to affirm the naive amongst the populace that everything is above board).
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loads of you brilliant posters can do this. We have threads going for years here. The bloody wind farms, the euro bought my cup of coffee. Oh oh, the genius who did the Vinne Browne show thing when Norman Bates was away, or was that the other way round. Imagine, we would have people logging on by the thousand just to look at The Scandal Sheet on P.ie
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the point in telling you Owl? You admit yourself you'll have forgotten by tomorrow anyway.
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Irish Defamation Law - protecting gombeens for decades.

People know what happened, but it never goes public. Instead the country is awash with rumours. And everybody on this site knows of rumours that they would not dare mention on this site.

Irish Defamation Law ensures that the veneer is projected. It looks a lot less corrupt that everybody knows it to be.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Irish Defamation Law - protecting gombeens for decades.

People know what happened, but it never goes public. Instead the country is awash with rumours. And everybody on this site knows of rumours that they would not dare mention on this site.

Irish Defamation Law ensures that the veneer is projected. It looks a lot less corrupt that everybody knows it to be.
    We would only post what has already been published in the national newspaper, analyzer. Imagine having a thread that we could just click on to when we wanted to see when was the last time so and so got accused of such and such, and when was the last time this political party swore, no more. It would be a great help, especially to those who actually run for office on this site, or work with those who do. Puleese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    What's the point in telling you Owl? You admit yourself you'll have forgotten by tomorrow anyway.
    The difference between you and me, ass, is that I know my limitations, admit them, hence my idea for a Thread on Scandals. You, on the other hand, chase me round the threads, like some demented ghost from Macbeth! Eejit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah chill out there Owly. You'll have forgotten this whole bad experience by morning.
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james toney View Post
    Fianna Fail also launched this website while in power

Anti Corruption Website: Home Page
    Yes, but that is a completely different FF. New leadership now. Completely changed. All in the past.

Just ask a businessman from Cork called Owen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast