Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 144

Thread: NTMA announce 10 year bond issuance. Full return to the markets?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member corelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default NTMA announce 10 year bond issuance. Full return to the markets?

    The NTMA have just announced a new 10 year bond, maturing in 2023. This has been awaited for some time by market watchers as a sign of proper return to the money markets. A few have just taken to twitter to so assert. The NTMA say the issuance will take place "in the near future", which in NTMA speak, probably indicates tomorrow or the day after.

    NTMA Announces Syndicated Issue of new 2023 Bond | National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA)
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The countrys finished.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,434
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    The NTMA have just announced a new 10 year bond, maturing in 2023. This has been awaited for some time by market watchers as a sign of proper return to the money markets. A few have just taken to twitter to so assert. The NTMA say the issuance will take place "in the near future", which in NTMA speak, probably indicates tomorrow or the day after.

    NTMA Announces Syndicated Issue of new 2023 Bond | National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA)
    The 5 year bond trial runs are at an end.

    This will be the first substantial test as to Ireland's credit rating. It will be interesting to see the spread for these.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the horizon
    Posts
    8,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    The NTMA have just announced a new 10 year bond, maturing in 2023. This has been awaited for some time by market watchers as a sign of proper return to the money markets. A few have just taken to twitter to so assert. The NTMA say the issuance will take place "in the near future", which in NTMA speak, probably indicates tomorrow or the day after.

    NTMA Announces Syndicated Issue of new 2023 Bond | National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA)
    Being a natural born pessimist I'd have to admit that there's an air of 'normality' in the wind. Have you seen the BOI share graph this last week?

    I'm sure we'll all be dead be Thursday though . . .
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Being a natural born pessimist I'd have to admit that there's an air of 'normality' in the wind. Have you seen the BOI share graph this last week?

    I'm sure we'll all be dead be Thursday though . . .
    And AIB over the last couple of days. PTSB up over 20% today!
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the horizon
    Posts
    8,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev408 View Post
    And AIB over the last couple of days. PTSB up over 20% today!
    To say nothing of Zamano.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    To say nothing of Zamano.
    I looked and looked and looked for days two weeks ago. Chose not to. Big booboo.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the horizon
    Posts
    8,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev408 View Post
    I looked and looked and looked for days two weeks ago. Chose not to. Big booboo.
    Likewise. No regrets though. Put the cash into a four-bagger.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Likewise. No regrets though. Put the cash into a four-bagger.
    Yeh. I have the three banks at close enough to rock bottom. 'Nuff said!
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    NTMA announce 10 year bond issuance. Full return to the markets?
    This is bad, right? Just more debt heaped on the shoulders of our children. Borrowing to pay the gambling debts of corrupt bankers. Making sure that politicians and civil servants keep their fat cat pensions. That's must what this about. Everything else is.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •