Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeneas Joseph Noonan Appointed Chairman Of Small Firms Association (SFA)

Default Aeneas Joseph Noonan Appointed Chairman Of Small Firms Association (SFA)

AJ Noonan was recently appointed chairman of Small Firms Association (SFA). Small firms are an important part of the backbone of any economy. Is he up for the job?

sfa.ie had more than 7,500 Irish member companies in January 2013. Can this man really help small & medium sized companies to survive austerity in Ireland or is it just another quango for a politically appointed placeholder?

Last edited by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike; 14th March 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The new Chairman has an involvement in the Rhonellen Developments.
    He's MD of that company.

It would appear that Rhonellen and the HSE have an ongoing commercial relationship.

Namawinelake has an interesting take on the Rhonellen/HSE relationship
    The health minister, the owner, the developer, the development, the HSE and NAMA | NAMA Wine Lake
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    The new Chairman has an involvement in the Rhonellen Developments.
    He's MD of that company.

It would appear that Rhonellen and the HSE have an ongoing commercial relationship.

Namawinelake has an interesting take on the Rhonellen/HSE relationship
    The health minister, the owner, the developer, the development, the HSE and NAMA | NAMA Wine Lake
    it's not illegal to have a business relationship with the HSE in Donegal is it? Did he get the job because he is in bed with FG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    it's not illegal to have a business relationship with the HSE in Donegal is it? Did he get the job because he is in bed with FG?
    what do you think ?
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah so a property developer sucking off the taxpayers teat through the HSE and NAMA is the new head of the Small Firms Association.

After all this time, the parasites in charge just don't get it and never will.

We need someone running an actual productive export company in that sort of role, not just another property/state quango monkey.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Builder of care centre in Reilly constituency is FG donor - Independent.ie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Do you think he's a Trojan Horse.

Sorry couldnt resist.
    Fair and Balanced

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking it might be a good time to merge Republicanism into a new LLP so we could have a clear out of the gombeens on either side of the 'civil scuffle' of the twenties and thirties.

Aeneas? Jumping babby jesus I knew there were some social climbing women in Fine Gael, mind, but this one takes the Homeric biscuit.

'Aeneas (pron.: /ɪˈniːəs/; Greek: Αἰνείας, Aineías, derived from Greek Αἰνή meaning "to praise") was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite. His father was the second cousin of King Priam of Troy, making Aeneas Priam's second cousin, once removed. He is a character in Greek mythology and is mentioned in Homer's Iliad, and receives full treatment in Roman mythology as the legendary founder of what would become Ancient Rome, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid.'

This is the bit that is fitting though; 'In the Iliad, Aeneas is a minor character, where he is twice saved from death by the gods as if for an as-yet unknown destiny.' Aeneas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like at least someone in Fine Gael has both an education and a sense of humour.
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to interrupt the academic discussion on Mr Noonan's christian name.
    I have dealt with AJ Noonan and have found him a solid reliable and trustworthy person.
    I never knew his politics but I would think that he would be well fitted for the post and would wish him luck.

Politics.ie Member LamportsEdge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by georgeplant View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the academic discussion on Mr Noonan's christian name.
    I have dealt with AJ Noonan and have found him a solid reliable and trustworthy person.
    I never knew his politics but I would think that he would be well fitted for the post and would wish him luck.
    Evening, Mrs Aphrodite
    Whenever understanding exists, accepting or rejecting is unnecessary. (Fundamentals of a Gnostic Education).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast