Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAB gets large judgement against IRA man who claimed to have no idea he had €94k in his car

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default CAB gets large judgement against IRA man who claimed to have no idea he had €94k in his car

CAB gets

THE Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) has secured a judgment for more than €600,000 against a convicted IRA man who was suspected of money laundering after he was found with more than €94,000 in a Daz washing powder box.
    Good to see progress by the CAB on this.

I'd love to have been in the court to hear the defence of "well I had €94k in my daz box, and the guards didn't plant it, but sher I've LOADS of daz boxes, how can I know what's in every one of them?". They looked through 5 years of financial records and identified a huge amount that couldn't be accounted for.

It's good to hear the success stories of the department, I always feel we need to see more prominence from them. A CAB investigation should follow any serious suspicion of illegal income.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe he was laundering it.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SF/IRA are now whiter than white !

Always wondered how come he was connected with the Northern bank robbery, but the soap box contained Euros, when the bank was robbed of Sterling Northern bank notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Maybe he was laundering it.

Don Bullman, a chef
    Maybe he was just cooking the books !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    CAB gets

Good to see progress by the CAB on this.

I'd love to have been in the court to hear the defence of "well I had €94k in my daz box, and the guards didn't plant it, but sher I've LOADS of daz boxes, how can I know what's in every one of them?". They looked through 5 years of financial records and identified a huge amount that couldn't be accounted for.

It's good to hear the success stories of the department, I always feel we need to see more prominence from them. A CAB investigation should follow any serious suspicion of illegal income.
    That should include some people in politics and so-called legitimate businesses.

Why is the state paying rent on the Convention Centre to a Company it bailed out with taxpayer's money?
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My excuse would be that it would be the only way to justify my outrageously high insurance premium.
    Faoi mh๓id bheith saor

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

***** Checks Detergent box under sink ****

Gutted, nothing.

Must have been one of the promo (Provo) boxes.

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    SF/IRA are now whiter than white !
    Seeing as Blood needs cold temperatures to wash out, the advent of low temp detergents post ceasefire must be sickening them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nora Owen take the credit. CAB are worth every penny.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast