Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So the German state wants us to learn German?

Dylan2010

Default So the German state wants us to learn German?

You might have heard the adverts on the radio recently offering the possibilities of subsidised third level education in Austria Germany and Switzerland. It appears to be some rolling campaign by the 3 countries which has finally hit Ireland. so apart from the dubious timing given that this counrty's primary job now is paying their banks back, is there any point to it? has anyone ever changed their subject choice based on some radio adverts? And apart some Applied Language students in DCU would any Irish people even be capable of studying in Germany or Austria?

That being said as a second language it does have a lot to offer and its a pity more Irish primary schools do not offer this language as a serious option outside of a couple of international schools in Dublin.

German Connects

Did you know that German

Is spoken by nearly 120 million people worldwide?
    Is the most widely-spoken native language in Europe?
    Is the second most widely-used native language within science?
    Opens the door to low cost third level studies in Germany, Austria and Switzerland?
    Is the language of Goethe, Schiller, Böll and Brecht, Rammstein and Lena, Siemens and BMW?

There are currently more than 1.000 job vacancies in Ireland for German speakers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    You might have heard the adverts on the radio recently offering the possibilities of subsidised third level education in Austria Germany and Switzerland. It appears to be some rolling campaign by the 3 countries which has finally hit Ireland. so apart from the dubious timing given that this counrty's primary job now is paying their banks back, is there any point to it? has anyone ever changed their subject choice based on some radio adverts? And apart some Applied Language students in DCU would any Irish people even be capable of studying in Germany or Austria?

That being said as a second language it does have a lot to offer and its a pity more Irish primary schools do not offer this language as a serious option outside of a couple of international schools in Dublin.

German Connects
    English is the only other language which is more widely spoken throughout mainland Europe.
    Therefore it makes sense to try to learn the second most widely spoken European language.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

German is my favourite language. I think it sounds cool. I've tried to learn it many times but unfortunately still rubbish at it. I wish I'd done it in school and college instead of French. French sucks.
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread is surrounded by learn German ads now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Makes sense to me.

One of the largest exporting countries in the world, population of 80 million, beautiful cities & women, fantastic multicultural society, cost of living lower, great beer, bratwürst and the best football league in the world. . to name just a few things.

What's there not to like?

Dylan2010

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    and? this is a politics site so it fits, cop on!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    and? this is a politics site so it fits, cop on!

It was your logic rather than subject I was eye balling.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Makes sense to me.

One of the largest exporting countries in the world, population of 80 million, beautiful cities & women, fantastic multicultural society, cost of living lower, great beer, bratwürst and the best football league in the world. . to name just a few things.

What's there not to like?
    Gun shops in train stations.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be easier to just default.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast