Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A proposition to suspend the property tax for up to five years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A proposition to suspend the property tax for up to five years.

Fianna Fail argue that now is not the right time to bring in a property tax, they're not against the idea but just not for now.
    Anybody listening to Liveline yesterday would of heard some harrowing stories regarding this tax.
    It is expected to take in about 500 million euro per annum.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...43287494,d.ZG4

My suggestion, we spend 600 million euro a year on foreign aid. For a period of up to five years we scale it back by 80% and at the same time suspend the property tax for upto five years.

When the economy turns around and missed mortgage repayments and other issues with the banks and property have very much improved, we then introduce a property tax and increase our foreign aid.

Quite bluntly, every, yes every cent and euro collected in property tax will be cancelled out by our foreign aid commitments. 500 million euro in and 600 million euro in aid out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    Fianna Fail argue that now is not the right time to bring in a property tax, they're not against the idea but just not for now.
    Anybody listening to Liveline yesterday would of heard some harrowing stories regarding this tax.
    It is expected to take in about 500 million euro per annum.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...43287494,d.ZG4

My suggestion, we spend 600 million euro a year on foreign aid. For a period of up to five years we scale it back by 80% and at the same time suspend the property tax for upto five years.

When the economy turns around and missed mortgage repayments and other issues with the banks and property have very much improved, we then introduce a property tax and increase our foreign aid.

Quite bluntly, every, yes every cent and euro collected in property tax will be cancelled out by our foreign aid commitments. 500 million euro in and 600 million euro in aid out.
    Why not cut back foreign aid and keep the property tax?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is quite childish. We need the money and FF are yet again playing to the electorate. stroke politics and destined to fail.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont get ANGRY with the Taxman ........ get EVEN!

Pay by cheque in 12 monthly installments.

1,000,000 x 12 = 12,000,000 items to be handled manually will collapse the system.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Murphy View Post
    Bingo!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Murphy View Post
    Or we could have left the bank guarantee in place and it would have funded both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    What f.ucking pieces of $hit they really are the f.ucking traitors to their own people.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FF should shut up they agreed to the introduction of a property tax with the troika in late 2010.

I agree with a property based system of taxation also but I wont consider it for a second until the banks have been dealt with decisively and the ECB has been made take its share of the responsibility for the mess we are in.
    Until then Fine Gael has the same chance of getting me to pay it as Fianna Fail has of getting me to vote for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've a better idea...why not cut back on foreign aid and tax to the hilt FF and all former TD's who were part of or supported the govt. in the last two Dail terms prior to 2011, in addition to the head honchos at AIB, BoI and the former Anglo for totally ******************************ing up our economy.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast