Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Department of Social Protection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Department of Social Protection

There was a debate on the Irish Times web site where Eoghan Murphy who is the Fine Gael TD for Dublin South East, wrote an opinion piece which concluded we should be sending more children to fee-paying schools, not less.. During the debate, things moved sideways (as they do all the time on P.ie) and someone wrote:

I was recently chatting to a friend who works in the HSE. He was telling me that he was being moved to the Department of Social Protection. He was receiving training / induction to the new job.
    The thrust of the teaching was to seek to ensure that applicants were to be deprived of benefits if at all possible. The tutor gave an example of his own experience in the field, of having visited a house in a particular county and how he managed to deprive the family of three different benefits. He told the class that, he “left that house a very happy man”. The class were being instructed that the policy was, to deny or delay payments and frustrate claimants to the greatest extent possible. Family Income Supplement and Rent Allowance were being particularly targeted.

He also stated later on that There would also seem to be a policy to ensure that the there is always a massive delay to the appeal process.

I have no time for fraudsters, and if they lose their benefits, that they obtain through fraud....TOUGH. But if the policy is to deprive people / families of their entitlements, something is seriously wrong with Irish society and the way it is being run. Thought please
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The cake is getting smaller all the time.
    Those at the top are getting the most, the underdog is getting the bredcrumbs.
    I came across similar stories.
    I think it is true that such policies are standard practices in the DoSP.
    Thousands are driven out this country every day into forced emmigration with the same policies.
    Yes indeed- there is something rotten in the State of Ireland.

Have a look at this link:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055546279
    Hundreds of people report similar behaviour of the DoSP. Just go through the pages and down the years. This thing is going on for a long time.

Politics.ie Member moralhazard77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post
    There was a debate on the Irish Times web site where Eoghan Murphy who is the Fine Gael TD for Dublin South East, wrote an opinion piece which concluded we should be sending more children to fee-paying schools, not less.. During the debate, things moved sideways (as they do all the time on P.ie) and someone wrote:

I was recently chatting to a friend who works in the HSE. He was telling me that he was being moved to the Department of Social Protection. He was receiving training / induction to the new job.
    The thrust of the teaching was to seek to ensure that applicants were to be deprived of benefits if at all possible. The tutor gave an example of his own experience in the field, of having visited a house in a particular county and how he managed to deprive the family of three different benefits. He told the class that, he “left that house a very happy man”. The class were being instructed that the policy was, to deny or delay payments and frustrate claimants to the greatest extent possible. Family Income Supplement and Rent Allowance were being particularly targeted.

He also stated later on that There would also seem to be a policy to ensure that the there is always a massive delay to the appeal process.

I have no time for fraudsters, and if they lose their benefits, that they obtain through fraud....TOUGH. But if the policy is to deprive people / families of their entitlements, something is seriously wrong with Irish society and the way it is being run. Thought please
    Make no mistake that is the policy now and has been for quite some time. I've heard it time and time again from a lot of different people and god help the Irish they are so good they are going along with it. They think sure someone else needs it more. It's wrong but that's the reality.
    I don't know why we bother paying taxes anymore.
    The role of the EU is to make the rich in Europe richer - Vincent Browne

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anybody that believes that story needs their head examined.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I could fill the online pages with 'stories' of people systematically scamming the DSW. Christ, its simple. There are criteria that qualify you. You either do or don't qualify and in the words of the great Bill Clinton 'I think that if you can work, well then you outta work'. If that means work or training for benefits after one year on the dole trying to get work, then so be it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I could fill the online pages with 'stories' of people systematically scamming the DSW. Christ, its simple. There are criteria that qualify you. You either do or don't qualify and in the words of the great Bill Clinton 'I think that if you can work, well then you outta work'. If that means work or training for benefits after one year on the dole trying to get work, then so be it.
    Great post. What has it got to do with the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by ManUnited View Post
    Anybody that believes that story needs their head examined.
    Care to elaborate?, with y'know an actual thought out and factually based reply.
    A few weeks before my grandfather died, he started dipping his feet in a bucket of lard.
    He went downhill very fast after that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corporal punishment View Post
    Care to elaborate?, with y'know an actual thought out and factually based reply.
    I wouldn't hold your breath - you'd turn blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corporal punishment View Post

Ah now... How could anyone know that the op is based on factual events?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would have thought that the Dept of Social Protection is guided by legislation. I fail to see how people can be deprived of their rightful entitlements without winning their appeals.

The only commentary available is that the dept is either handing out money freely to those who aren't entitled to it or they're withholding money from those who are. It's clearly not on to acknowledge that those who work in social welfare offices do one of the most demanding jobs in the civil service, facing threats and abuse on a daily basis.

"A policy to ensure that there is always a massive delay to the appeals process".

You may have noticed that the number of people on unemployment payments has soared to unprecedented levels. You clearly haven't noticed that the number of people working on providing (withholding) payments has not risen accordingly. It's of little surprise that the level of appeals has soared, with the obvious result.

Civil servants in the line of fire again. How surprising.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast