Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: IMFs LaGarde: No Special terms for Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default IMFs LaGarde: No Special terms for Ireland

Christine Lagarde, Head of the IMF, has said there will be no special terms or new terms for Ireland. The IMF has to act "Even-Handedly" and within it's own rules. Of course this would only apply to the IMF portion of the bailout.

Lagarde: 'We don't invent new terms' for bailout loans | BreakingNews.ie

Anyone expecting something there has had a surprise.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where has it ever been suggested there would be new terms from the IMF?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well....yeah. So the rejigging that's taking place will just be confirmed as being part of the existing rules. We knew that. Even if it's not true (it's probably not), that's what's going to the be said. She's not say the mooted deal won't go ahead, just that it must be part of their rules.

The deal's pretty much done and dusted, one of the priorities now is to control the aspect of precedent to stop every country trying to do similar things.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The IMF portion of the loans was never up for negotiation. They don't do it for far poorer parts of the world - why would they do it for us?

The government tried to get her drunk in Donehy's last night perhaps trying to prise something which would not surprise me with this lot. Time to hand over to MM for real leadership not this clownish behaviour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One could assume that Ireland did ask for some sort of concessions.

Speaking after a meeting with the Finance Minister Michael Noonan and the Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore, Ms Lagarde said the IMF has to operate "in an even-handed way" and "within its own rules".
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Well....yeah. So the rejigging that's taking place will just be confirmed as being part of the existing rules. We knew that. Even if it's not true (it's probably not), that's what's going to the be said. She's not say the mooted deal won't go ahead, just that it must be part of their rules.

The deal's pretty much done and dusted, one of the priorities now is to control the aspect of precedent to stop every country trying to do similar things.
    Sync, the mooted deal is on the EU portion of the bailout - not the IMF's.

The IMF portion has been pretty much written in stone since November 2010 and was never likely to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    One could assume that Ireland did ask for some sort of concessions.
    How do you know?

Lagarde said that in answer to a question at the press conference after the meeting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odlum View Post
    The IMF portion of the loans was never up for negotiation. They don't do it for far poorer parts of the world - why would they do it for us?

The government tried to get her drunk in Donehy's last night perhaps trying to prise something which would not surprise me with this lot. Time to hand over to MM for real leadership not this clownish behaviour.
    Mehaul wouldn't be much use at getting her drunk. You'd need to bring back Biffo for that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Can we use this thread to talk about Enda's tie? I really don't know who dresses him in the morning.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odlum View Post

MM ??....you mean the sweets that melt in your mouth and not in your hand ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast