Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Belfast Wall Mural Praised by Sinn Fein.

Politics.ie Member Tommythesash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Latest Belfast Wall Mural Praised by Sinn Fein.

Gibraltar, Milltown and Turf Lodge mural | An Phoblacht

I think that Sinn Fein should stop promoting this glorified graffitti as republican culture.

This latest effort in particular serves only to remind people how the IRA failed to protect mourners who were attacked by a lone unionist marauder.
    I'm Ulster 'til I die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommythesash View Post

I think that Sinn Fein should stop promoting this glorified graffitti as republican culture.

This latest effort in particular serves only to remind people how the IRA failed to protect mourners who were attacked by a lone unionist marauder.
    They did get his handlers

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Michael was as good a suicide bomber as Jamie was a Hunger Striker
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seriously though, this mural could just as easily be replicated in a unionists ghetto glorifying the rampage of killer, Michael Stone.
    I'm Ulster 'til I die.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of collusion on that day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The brits remember their terrorists and the republicans remember their freedom fighters...its nothing new...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lain2016 View Post
    The brits remember their terrorists and the republicans remember their freedom fighters...its nothing new...
    We will always remember our republican dead, but to do so by painting an image on a gable wall does not do them justice.
    I'm Ulster 'til I die.

If the IRA had brought guns into Miltown and the Brit Forces shot someone, they would have claimed that they were attacked. FFS, they even got away with that in Ballymurphy & Derry when there were no IRA guns. The unarmed young people who bravely chased the well-armed gunman prevented a much bigger murder spree.

The only people who knew that there would be no Brit Forces there that day were the Brit Forces & their Loyalist proxies.

PS: this being the 25th anniversary of the brutal killing of Mairéad, Dan & Séan, it is fitting that they are remembered by their community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivalOfAction View Post
    If the IRA had brought guns into Miltown and the Brit Forces shot someone, they would have claimed that they were attacked. FFS, they even got away with that in Ballymurphy & Derry when there were no IRA guns. The unarmed young people who bravely chased the well-armed gunman prevented a much bigger murder spree.
    The IRA at that time was regarded as the most proficient gurreilla army in the world. Was it too much to expect them to carry guns that day, just in case? FFS wise up. It shouldn't have been left to teenagers and young adults to subdue the killer.
    I'm Ulster 'til I die.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is that Billy Connolly in the crowd (beside were it says dan)
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast