Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: The TSA in America are going to let small knives back on planes

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The TSA in America are going to let small knives back on planes

In a major turnaround, the TSA in the US will now let you carry small pocket knives on to an airplane, if the blade is below a certain length.

Supposedly, this is to "to conform with international rules".

Maybe someone should tell security in Dublin Airport, next time they confiscate a nail file from my 80 year old mother.

At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are allowed very small knives already (I know because an airport cop intervened when a security screener tried to take away a bottle opener that had a small knife on it; the security screener was determined to do me, and was trying to convince me to surrender the bottle opener, anyway. I wanted to give it back to my wife who was still at the airport (i wanted to make sure it wasn't taken on the return flight / I wanted keep it for sentimental reasons).

As for the TSA, they now allow knives but flipflops (with their wafer thin solid soles) are still seen as security threats.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    We are allowed very small knives already (I know because an airport cop intervened when a security screener tried to take away a bottle opener that had a small knife on it; the security screener was determined to do me, and was trying to convince me to surrender the bottle opener, anyway. I wanted to give it back to my wife who was still at the airport (i wanted to make sure it wasn't taken on the return flight / I wanted keep it for sentimental reasons).

As for the TSA, they now allow knives but flipflops (with their wafer thin solid soles) are still seen as security threats.
    flip flops aren't a security threat but a hazard in the case of an emergency.
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eyelight View Post
    In a major turnaround, the TSA in the US will now let you carry small pocket knives on to an airplane, if the blade is below a certain length.

Supposedly, this is to "to conform with international rules".

Maybe someone should tell security in Dublin Airport, next time they confiscate a nail file from my 80 year old mother.

Diluting security under commercial pressure.....some people will never ever learn will they.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The TSA are a shower of gobsh1tes but this seems like a sudden outbreak of common sense. Now they just have to start diluting security here because taking jam jars off the elderly does nothing for security and it's all just a show