Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say Hello To The Provos and Goodbye to Unionist Sensitivities

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Say Hello To The Provos and Goodbye to Unionist Sensitivities

For the rest of the world, the new Korean car named 'Provo', unveiled for the International Geneva Motor Show is seen as a “radical super-mini coupe which aims to set the streets alight”. Step up the DUP, who have seemingly given up on how they are perceived to the outside world, even to big brother across the water in Westminster. A disgusted Gregory Campbell tabled a parliamentary motion which said the 'Provo' name would be offensive.

MP Gregory Campbell and William McCrea tabled a motion saying, "This name has caused deep offence given that the Provisional IRA were known as the Provos when they were murdering and bombing in Northern Ireland, the rest of the UK, as well as in Germany, where the name is supposed to have been chosen." I am sure the Germans were really upset...

A spokesman from KIA, who grew up in NI said: "We're sorry if anybody takes offence at it, but this car is not about Northern Ireland. This was a genuine creative naming process and no offence was intended."

However, the whining succeeded forcing both, an apology from a bewildered KIA and an assurance from the terrorist loving Koreans wouldn't release 'The Provo' here under that forbidden name. A forgiving Campbell said:

"I accept that this was a mistake made by the company and I know that their decisive action will be welcomed by many people, in Northern Ireland and beyond, whose lives have been affected by the murderous actions of the Provisional IRA over a 30-year period."

Mortifying.

Kia concept car 'Provo' reminds some of IRA terror - Yahoo! News

Note: It has an orange roof and trimmings, what's KIA's number?
    Last edited by theloner; 6th March 2013 at 09:07 AM.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unionists - MOPE if there ever was onepetunia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be disappointed if the next car they bring out isn't called 'dissident'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissist View Post
    I'll be disappointed if the next car they bring out isn't called 'dissident'.
    Or the Subaru Stickie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the desperation of theloner (a fitting username no doubt) is getting laughable at this stage. Maybe Bilkos refusal to meet his advances has had an affect on him?

people taking offense? Fukk me. shocking. Nike and Ben & Gerrys had to withdraw products and apologise to the mopey taigs for having names like Black and Tan ffs de black and tans shure, day were worse den the ss, boss

The Irish pointing at anyone and laughing at them taking offense to anything is fukking classic

The thread on the main forum where everyones offended that the Queen didn't want to light up the palace in green for Paddys day is a classic case of dysfunctional Irish mope.

One big wind up thread. Zooed in no time I bet.
    Last edited by Schomberg; 6th March 2013 at 11:08 AM.
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    the desperation of theloner (a fitting username no doubt) is getting laughable at this stage. Maybe Bilkos refusal to meet his advances has had an affect on him?

people taking offense? Fukk me. shocking. Nike and Ben & Gerrys had to withdraw products and apologise to the mopey taigs for having names like Black and Tan ffs de black and tans shure, day were worse den the ss, boss

The Irish pointing at anyone and laughing at them taking offense to anything is fukking classic

The thread on the main forum where everyones offended that the Queen didn't want to light up the palace in green for Paddys day is a classic case of dysfunctional Irish mope.

One big wind up thread. Zooed in no time I bet.
    You want it zooed because it is so embarrassing, like Willie and Jamie. Nothing to do with Ernest and this was a top news item on both BBC and UTV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theloner View Post
    You want it zooed because it is so embarrassing,
    Nah, I want it zooed because it's a wind up. It's not a serious thread. As illustrated by your constant use of for one. It annoys me. It's people like you, posting gibberish like the above that prevent any decent debate on this forum.
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Already a thread on this in political humor but as lonely's such a serious poster he probably (sic) didn't notice it...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Already a thread on this in political humor but as lonely's such a serious poster he probably (sic) didn't notice it...
    You gotta love Londongregory, the biggest buffoon in Irish politics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    It was so irrelevant, top unionist moaner Campbell raised it in the British parliament. (Much to the amusement of normal British citizens I'm sure.)
    Gregory must have nothing better to do since an Irishman stopped tweeting about liking an Irish band who topped the BBC World Service "Worlds Top Ten" list.
    The Worlds Top Ten | BBC World Service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast