Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 120

Thread: Major FF fundraiser named as tax defaulter

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Major FF fundraiser named as tax defaulter

    It's been reported today that close friend of former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, Des Richardson, has been hit with a heavy fine as part of a tax defaulters investigation

    In the latest defaulters list, Mr Richardson is exposed for having to hand over 38,251 euro along with 51,529 euro in interest payments for underdeclaring income tax and capital gains tax.

    Revenue has also issued a penalty of 19,126 euro on the business management consultant - with an address at Serpentine Avenue, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 - forcing him to make an overall settlement of 108,906 euro to the state coffers.

    Do people here think that Michael Martin should make a statement condemning this behaviour ?

    Des Richardson on defaulters list - Yahoo! News UK
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgrade Serbia
    Posts
    37,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Calm down, its not like he robbed a bank or anything.

    Northern Bank robbery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Сохранить Украины

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member mido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Republic Of Connaught 1798
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    It's been reported today that close friend of former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, Des Richardson, has been hit with a heavy fine as part of a tax defaulters investigation

    In the latest defaulters list, Mr Richardson is exposed for having to hand over 38,251 euro along with 51,529 euro in interest payments for underdeclaring income tax and capital gains tax.

    Revenue has also issued a penalty of 19,126 euro on the business management consultant - with an address at Serpentine Avenue, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 - forcing him to make an overall settlement of 108,906 euro to the state coffers.

    Do people here think that Michael Martin should make a statement condemning this behaviour ?

    Des Richardson on defaulters list - Yahoo! News UK
    He should probably return some of his docnations-looks like he needs them or maybe bertie could organise a dinner in manchester or a whip around in fagans?
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member commonman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The only thing about all this is that there only one FF fundraiser named.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member borntorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Second evening in a row that the OPer has started a new thread to attack FF when one already exists.

    He must be getting desperate.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    The only thing about all this is that there only one FF fundraiser named.
    So far....
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Second evening in a row that the OPer has started a new thread to attack FF when one already exists.

    He must be getting desperate.
    Not at all... do you not think this is news ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Whatever about making an innocent mistake etc., you only get into the Revenue defaulter list if you do not admit up front that you were wrong. They give you full opportunity to do this.

    But if you dig your heels in and dont own up...for lesser Penalties and no publication of your name, Well that's that. And good enough for them IMV.

    All of them.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Another member of the FF failures hit where it hurts most

    Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    It's been reported today that close friend of former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, Des Richardson, has been hit with a heavy fine as part of a tax defaulters investigation

    In the latest defaulters list, Mr Richardson is exposed for having to hand over 38,251 euro along with 51,529 euro in interest payments for underdeclaring income tax and capital gains tax.

    Revenue has also issued a penalty of 19,126 euro on the business management consultant - with an address at Serpentine Avenue, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 - forcing him to make an overall settlement of 108,906 euro to the state coffers.

    Do people here think that Michael Martin should make a statement condemning this behaviour ?

    Des Richardson on defaulters list - Yahoo! News UK

    Michael Martin is absolutely complicit in the catostrophic mismanagement of our economy that has brought us to the brink of failure as a state. Anything he says sounds completely hollow, my abiding memory is him standing four square behind Bungling Bertie as he was announcing his forced resignation.
    We need a complete clear out of all Bertie's comrades.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •