Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Chavez facing "his most difficult hours" and "clinging to life"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Hugo Chavez facing "his most difficult hours" and "clinging to life"

BBC News - Venezuela's Chavez in 'most difficult hours' - Maduro

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez is undergoing his "most difficult hours", his deputy has said.

On Monday, officials said the 58-year-old Venezuelan leader had a new, severe respiratory infection.

Dozens of people gathered to pray for his health at the hospital where Mr Chavez is being treated.
    Vice President Maduro is certainly taking the front foot on this. He's on television, in the media giving detailed interviews and acting as the face of the government. Things have taken a turn for the worse for Chavez, and it appears at this point unlikely he'll make a full recovery. From rumours in December that he'd actually died, he hasn't been seen since returning to Venezuela.

The question on my mind is this: It's unlikely that Chavez can take office at this point one way or the other.What happens next? Surely Maduro can't take over as Chavez himself was never sworn in due to his illness. So what's next? Court battles? Elections? Just ignore the process and stay in power?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never realised he was only 58?

Shockingly young....
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    Never realised he was only 58?

Shockingly young....
    Sure it only seems like yesterday he was 38 and trying to launch a coup to depose the peaceful and democratically elected government of the day.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Sure it only seems like yesterday he was 38 and trying to launch a coup to depose the peaceful and democratically elected government of the day.
    And look at him now. My how he's grown.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    A Government that was presiding over one of the most socially and economically unequal societies in Latin America, and that's saying something.

But he fvcked it up.....made a bad situation worse.

So much for his Bolivar delusion.
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Euronews says the Venezuelan VP has expelled the US Ambassador, claiming Chavez cancer is part of an "attack" by his enemies. Yes the cancer.
    Save the 27th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    And look at him now. My how he's grown.
    Certainly has...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Euronews says the Venezuelan VP has expelled the US Ambassador, claiming Chavez cancer is part of an "attack" by his enemies. Yes the cancer.
    Ever hear of Viktor Yushchenko? (That doesn't mean that I think the claim is true)
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    the Russians are expert at inducing cancer,they have done it at least twice in London alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Certainly has...

What a disgusting post. Side effects of some cancer treatment include swelling.
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast