Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 234

Thread: More bad new for the government as tax take declines

  1. #1

    Default More bad news for the government as tax take declines

    Tax revenues fall 1.3% in first two months of 2013 - The Irish Times - Mon, Mar 04, 2013

    Borrowing on the increase as we took on extra debt that could have been avoided. Are we in for a supplementary budget? Things seem to be going from bad to worse.
    Last edited by Keith-M; 5th March 2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Taxes will be increased next budget, problem solved. The overpaid Irish worker can well afford it. Time to become more competitive.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post
    Taxes will be increased next budget, problem solved. The overpaid Irish worker can well afford it. Time to become more competitive.
    The workers may or may not be able to afford it. The question is can the government and the economy survive further tax increases?
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  4. #4

    Default

    The government will do whatever the banksters want and the banksters will demand austerity they own our precious Enda , Eamo etc .Not until the people demand their own banking system for the good of society will there be any changes .

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gort Na Cloca Mora
    Posts
    4,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Time for the wealthy to do the patriotic and pay a wealth tax

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    Tax revenues fall 1.3% in first two months of 2013 - The Irish Times - Mon, Mar 04, 2013

    Borrowing on the increase as we took on extra debt that could have been avoided. Are we in for a supplementary budget? Things seem to be going from bad to worse.
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Exchequer figures - Feb 2013 : surprisingly down from last year

    Seems like exchequer figures have hit a dip.

    Tax revenues fall 1.3% in first two months of 2013 - The Irish Times - Mon, Mar 04, 2013

    But what's terrifying is the gap between income and spending. How long this can be sustained !!!

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    The workers may or may not be able to afford it. The question is can the government and the economy survive further tax increases?
    Yes, despite all the constant whinging there is plenty more fat to squeeze. Irish workers are paid an over inflated wage, so despite the spin, they can well afford some more taxes.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post
    Yes, destitute all the constant whinging there is plenty more fat to squeeze. Irish workers are paid an over inflated wage, so they can afford the taxes.

    Taxes are taking money out of the economy thus hitting everyone. What we need to do is balance taxes and s[pending. Last week's Croke Park agreement didn't go near tackling one of the main drains on the taxpayers (the inflated public sector wage bill) and how long more can we put of really dealing with welfare spending?
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Its time to scrap croke park and get a new deal lets call it croke park 2, other wise we are screwed, screwed i tell ya.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •