Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Launches New ‘Arab-Only’ Bus Routes

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Israel Launches New ‘Arab-Only’ Bus Routes

While continually making claims to be a western democracy, Israel is yet again letting the mask slip, and exposing what lies within Zionism. This would cause outrage if it happened in any other country, but due to a compliant media, it will probably never surface in the news in the US.

Is there a Rosa Parks moment due for Israel?

Settler Complaints Spawn Israel’s New ‘Arab-Only’ Bus Lines
    Flyers Warn Palestinian Workers to Stop Using Existing Routes

A flurry of complaints from Israeli settlers has led to the introduction of a new “Arabs only” set of bus lines, which is designed to keep settlers from having to ride on the same buses with Palestinians, and to keep Palestinians from being on buses that might enter settlements.

The Transportation Ministry denied that the plans amounted to segregation, insisting that Palestinians would still be allowed to use either the old or new bus lines. Drivers on the old route, however, say they have been told not to admit Arab passengers starting Monday, when the new routes go into effect.

Sadly, there is more inequity in that Haaretz story I linked to above.
    Officials at the Samaria and Judea District Police have said there is no change in the operation of the rest of the buses, nor is there any intention to remove Palestinians from other bus lines. But Haaretz has in the past reported incidents when Palestinians were taken off of buses, and witnesses at checkpoints say that such incidents are ongoing.

Ofra Yeshua-Lyth is a member of Machsom Watch, a female advocacy group monitoring West Bank checkpoints. She says that recently, Bus 286 from Tel Aviv to Samaria arrived at a checkpoint filled with Palestinian workers. She filed the following report:

"Police officer Advanced Staff Sergeant Major Shai Zecharia stops the bus at the bus stop. Soldiers order all the Palestinians off the bus. The first thing they do is collect all their identity cards as they get off. One by one, the Palestinians are told to go away from the bus stop and walk to the Azzun Atma checkpoint, which is about 2.5 kilometers away from the Shaar Shomron interchange. All of them responded with restraint and sadness, at most asking why. Here and there they received answers such as, ‘You’re not allowed on Highway 5’ and ‘You’re not allowed on public transportation.’ Advanced Staff Sergeant Major Zecharia gave some vital information to one of the older Palestinians who had arrived there, telling him: You should ride in special vans, not on Israeli buses.”
    Last edited by eyelight; 4th March 2013 at 03:21 PM.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Israel. The worlds most racist nation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whether you like it or not, Arabs have a history of blowing up buses. I'd be uneasy sharing a bus with a hostile Palestinian in that situation. While I'm not defending the segregated bus routes, I can understand them.
    Time to remove kebab

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

State implemented racism. Lovely stuff.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then Israel won't mind if other countries set up Jew bus routes only. . .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

israel is an expansionist right wing rogue state with a policy of Lebensraum and Apartheid

Such facts are obvious to even a cursory glance at its behaviour but like SA it is protected by the west and it will take the political classes at least a decade to catch on to popular sentiment (but also like SA the political classes that currently support Israel they will later airbrush that inconvenient fact from history)
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    Israel. The worlds most racist nation.
    you could name a dozen states in the middle east that are far worse than Israel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You'd struggle I think. This is a perfect example, how many other countries segregate their public services down race lines, preventing certain races using those services?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red necks had back of the bus.
    Zionists no bus.
    Lovely world we live in.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linny55 View Post
    you could name a dozen states in the middle east that are far worse than Israel.
    Perhaps you could, but that's not really the point.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast