Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serving Govt ministers to qualify for pensions in 6 days time.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Serving Govt ministers to qualify for pensions in 6 days time.........

Yes you did read that right, coming from the austerity govt and their "those who can afford to pay most............"

According to Sarah o'neill in the journal, the current shower of govt minister will qualify for a portion of their pensions after a mere 2 years in the job............i have to say it's rarely i'm lost for words but you have to take a step back sometimes to view the neck on some people.....

Column: How much does each TD actually cost the State? · TheJournal.ie

"There are currently 15 cabinet ministers and 14 ‘junior’ ministers of state in government. Each is entitled to claim a ministerial pension – to some degree – after only two years of service. (For those who have served the full term of this Dáil, the two-year period is fulfilled on March 9 and 10.)

This pension is calculated as 20 per cent of their annual ministerial salary after two years, and increases by 5 per cent for each year of additional service thereafter up to a maximum of 60 per cent after 10 years. This is in addition to their normal TD’s pension."

Truly we are living in the land of let them eat cake...............

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That photo with the pigs slurping at the trough will then be relevant to this thread.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    That photo with the pigs slurping at the trough will then be relevant to this thread.
    You mean this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watch the "tough measures" come through now. Like a woman with the wedding ring just on her finger, changes made, all arguements futile and this is they way it's done !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just hope the gold plated pensions that were handed out to the scum who destroyed this country won't be handed out on the same scale to this government or any future government.
    I have closed down this account, I am now The Rahenyite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    I just hope the gold plated pensions that were handed out to the scum who destroyed this country won't be handed out on the same scale to this government or any future government.
    They have exploded the bull though that we have listened to for 5 years that ex politicians pensions were untouchable, with a 5% cut. Probably because ictu told them they could never get "a deal" across the line while bertie,harney,cowen, cullen etc. we're living it up off our backs.

IT SHOULD BE 50% and they are still doing extremely well, for people who destroyed this country.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's where "tough decisions" get you to. Looking for a volunteer to wipe the sweat from their brows. Selfless political philanthropists breaking their backs for ungrateful taxpayers. Only in Ireland!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    They will get a pension,however, i think they cannot draw until 65, many of them are heading close to that now anyway.,It great you can get a pension with 2 years service,

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the upside, this means the government could fall in 7 days.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerben View Post
    Watch the "tough measures" come through now. Like a woman with the wedding ring just on her finger, changes made, all arguements futile and this is they way it's done !!!

Aisle altar hymn, the poor fella!

Seriously though, when Pat Leahy broke the story of Enda's 'entitlements' just before GE2011 simply because of his being a teacher for a wee while back in the early 70's, most people simply had a wtf moment, wondering just how spoilt are our establishment.

They certainly don't live in the real world occupied by the rest of us.
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast