Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Queen Elizabeth admitted to hospital.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Queen Elizabeth admitted to hospital.

Just reporting on the breaking news services. Suffering from gastroenteritis.

Now before every rabid republican has a hissy fit, it is a valid news story and it is in foreign affairs. If you get upset over this nothing I will move it into an Oireachtas thread!!

At her age anything of this variety is relatively serious. Hope the old dear improves.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9220AH20130303
    Last edited by corelli; 3rd March 2013 at 07:19 PM.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Let the spite flow.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    Just reporting on the breaking news services. Suffering from gastroenteritis.

Now before every rabid republican has a hissy fit, it is a valid news story and it is in foreign affairs. If you get upset over this nothing I will move it into an Oireachtas thread!!

At her age anything of this variety is relatively serious. Hope the old dear improves.
    Hardly anything else to be said really. She should take a leaf out of Benedict's book, and her cousin in Holland, and enjoy retirement.

I hope she isn't lying on a trolley.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Hardly anything else to be said really. She should take a leaf out of Benedict's book, and her cousin in Holland, and enjoy retirement.
    Is Charles out of the picture on succession? William V?
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can post what you like.. but as for it being a valid news story.. that's debatable.. would Juan Carlos of Spain going to hospital with tummy ache be a valid news story.. Queen Beatrix with an ingrowing toe nail ?

I hope she'll be ok... but really don't see the news in it.. and the first hissy fit of the thread was yours.. worrying about rabid Republicans giving a crap
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just broke this story on the royal site I'm a member off. Get well soon , this would lay a young person up not a mind a old lady. Prince Philip lately became the oldest male British royal ever. Can't imagine one without the other.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The smell in the palace must have been woeful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    You can post what you like.. but as for it being a valid news story.. that's debatable.. would Juan Carlos of Spain going to hospital with tummy ache be a valid news story.. Queen Beatrix with an ingrowing toe nail ?

I hope she'll be ok... but really don't see the news in it.. and the first hissy fit of the thread was yours.. worrying about rabid Republicans giving a crap

JC of Spain is acually in hospital today for a operation on a slip disc, His son and heir had to fly back after meeting with the soon to be king Willem and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No wonder she didn't want a greenish tinge to Buck Palace, if she's feeling a bit green around the gills herself.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast