Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 311

Thread: Two innocents shot down by foreign soldiers somewhere far away. Apologies offered.

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Two innocents shot down by foreign soldiers somewhere far away. Apologies offered.

    ISAF, a military body on which Irish soldiers serve in Afghanistan, has apologised for the wrongful killing by helicopter fire of two Afghans. The killings happened on Thursday.

    ISAF spokesman Gunther Katz said they were killed because they were identified, wrongly, as insurgents.

    The two dead were boys, both under 7 years of age. They were minding cows.

    BBC News - Nato apologises after two Afghan boys killed
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    ISAF, a military body on which Irish soldiers serve in Afghanistan, has apologised for the wrongful killing by helicopter fire of two Afghans. The killings happened on Thursday.

    ISAF spokesman Gunther Katz said they were killed because they were identified, wrongly, as insurgents.

    The two dead were boys, both under 7 years of age. They were minding cows.

    BBC News - Nato apologises after two Afghan boys killed
    Terrible story.
    How many Irish serve with ISAF?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member slippy wicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down da bunker
    Posts
    4,550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didimus View Post
    Terrible story.
    How many Irish serve with ISAF?
    From memory, low double figures.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. Sir Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slippy wicket View Post
    From memory, low double figures.
    Here

    ISAF | Current Missions | Overseas | Defence Forces
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    So.. 7?
    4 employed in liaison and negotiations?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,466
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    ISAF, a military body on which Irish soldiers serve in Afghanistan, has apologised for the wrongful killing by helicopter fire of two Afghans. The killings happened on Thursday.

    ISAF spokesman Gunther Katz said they were killed because they were identified, wrongly, as insurgents.

    The two dead were boys, both under 7 years of age. They were minding cows.

    BBC News - Nato apologises after two Afghan boys killed
    Sure you can't be too careful...
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    A horrible side affect of the grim reality of war. However, hardly worth a thread? Unless it was done on purpose for which I see no evidence.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    A horrible side affect of the grim reality of war. However, hardly worth a thread? Unless it was done on purpose for which I see no evidence.
    Some folk specialize in starting threads with a newspaper headline, a slightly slanted comment but no overt opinion.
    Can get to 25k posts no bother.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    26,299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    An accident???

    Go fck yourself Katz you scumbag,

    The Gunner spotted the kids,

    The pilot manoeuvred the helicopter around,

    The Gunner brought the cross hairs on the kids,

    Pilot and Gunner watched the kids, and discussed if they were armed or not, and decided that they were,

    They Gunner contacted base to request authorisation to engage,

    Authorisation was granted by a commanding officer,

    The Gunner fired,

    The two little kids were instantly torn to shreds,

    The Pilot uttered something like "bullseye" in his stupid Aussie accent, and then flew back to base,

    COLD BLOODED MURDER OF TWO LITTLE KIDS!

    What the fck has Afganistan ever done to fckn Austrailia????

    Why were they even there in their flying monster!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the horizon
    Posts
    8,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    ISAF, a military body on which Irish soldiers serve in Afghanistan, has apologised for the wrongful killing by helicopter fire of two Afghans. The killings happened on Thursday.

    ISAF spokesman Gunther Katz said they were killed because they were identified, wrongly, as insurgents.

    The two dead were boys, both under 7 years of age. They were minding cows.

    BBC News - Nato apologises after two Afghan boys killed
    When tragedies like this occur anything you say will be picked up as either heartless or blatant propaganda.

    A few months ago the Taliban followed, singled out and shot in the head at close range a fourteen year old Pakistani girl who had criticised their attitudes to women.

    There's a difference between killing a child through accident or negligence and a deliberate attempt at murder.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •