Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 174 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: P.ie Women

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P.ie Women

We may or may not see more Irish women entering politics in Ireland as we head towards gender quotas for election candidates. I reckon I'll be appearing on a ballot paper next year for the local elections having spent the last two years dipping in and out of here to kinda prepare myself for the rough and tumble of politics.

Women make up 50% of the population but have never made up more than 14% of TDs. That really bothers me. If we see more women enter politics, I hope they won't be faced with the problems that women in the U.K. faced when elected to Westminster.

I believe I've met quite a few ladies on this site and I'm wondering if any of yee have thought about running?

Of course P.ie men are welcome to comment on this thread. But I'd rather it was left to explore e.g. how women who post here have felt they've been e.g. treated on this site or by members of political parties if they're active in politics, rather than a discussion beginning on the merit of e.g. gender quotas.

Bullied, patronised and abused - women MPs reveal the truth about life inside Westminster | Politics | The Guardian

http://www.politics.ie/forum/politic...ll-2011-a.html

http://www.womenforelection.ie/
    Last edited by ger12; 3rd March 2013 at 12:31 AM.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can ye not bake some cakes or something instead?
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea use can all talk about cooking and give me some tips, P.ie ladies good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Can ye not bake some cakes or something instead?
    Just finished the dinner drummed. My poor hands need a rest from the sink so I thought I'd log on here to play for a while. Couldn't resist could you ...
    Last edited by ger12; 2nd March 2013 at 08:00 PM.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone assumes the posters are male and that gets my wick!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    Yea use can all talk about cooking and give me some tips, P.ie ladies good idea.
    I'll make ye some rock buns......,that'll sort ye lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irish-italian View Post
    Everyone assumes the posters are male and that gets my wick!
    Yes, noticed that. And the reaction when you let them know you're female. Funny sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    Labour councillor turns up for party meeting in another county. Man at the door greets her and starts directing her to the kitchen. True story.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    We may or may not see more Irish women entering politics in Ireland as we head towards gender quotas for election candidates. I reckon I'll be appearing on a ballot paper next year for the local elections having spent the last two years dipping in and out of here to kinda prepare myself for the rough and tumble of politics.

Women make up 50% of the population but have never made up more than 14% of TDs. That really bothers me. If we see more women enter politics, I hope they won't be faced with the problems that women in the U.K. faced when elected to Westminster.

I believe I've met quite a few ladies on this site and I'm wondering if any of yee have thought about running?

Of course P.ie men are welcome to comment on this thread. But I'd rather it was left to explore e.g. how women who post here have felt they've been e.g. treated on this site or by members of political parties if they're active in politics, rather than a discussion beginning on the merit of e.g. gender quotas.

Bullied, patronised and abused - women MPs reveal the truth about life inside Westminster | Politics | The Guardian

http://www.politics.ie/forum/politic...ll-2011-a.html
    Good luck to you in your election efforts.

I don't see that it makes any difference, man or woman, I just what to hear what they have to say for themselves, but I must admit, if I know a poster is a woman on this site I do take a slightly different approach, less robust shall we say.

Didn't know you were a woman, so God knows what I might have said to you in the past.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Yes, noticed that. And the reaction when you let them know you're female. Funny sometimes.
    Ah well better to laugh than cry at some of them lol

Page 1 of 174 123451151101 ... LastLast