Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Intreo: a mongrel word rebranding costing 7 million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Meet Intreo: a mongrel word rebranding costing 7 million

There may be value for money here but I can't see it straight away.

"The introduction of the ‘Intreo’ brand is estimated by the Department of Social Protection to cost between €6m and €7m and will be completed by Dec 2014.

The first 11 of the 60 social welfare offices country-wide had new signage erected in recent weeks at a cost of €54,615.

A spokesperson for the department said the name ‘Intreo’ was derived from both the abbreviation of the word introduction and treo — the Irish for direction..... "

Social welfare rebrand to cost

Story by Kate Heaney at the Irish Examiner.
    Last edited by He3; 2nd March 2013 at 11:10 AM.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah Jaysus. I've changed my mind. There definitely should be compulsory redundancies in the public service starting immediately!
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus H Christ! This could have kept most of the mobility allowance going.
    Consultants of the management and pr type should be eradicated from the PS payroll simple as that. If it wasn't one of them who came up with this pointless waste of vital money, whichever idiot politician or CS mandarin trying to make a name for themselves who did should be publicly named, shamed then fired.
    We are cutting services to the most vulnerable and chopping salaries and the squander borrowed cash on this?!

Politics.ie Member grumpydunphy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the best value for money 'INTRO' I can readily recall........and no need for *essential* cutbacks elsewhere! Win Win!!! petunia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    Jesus H Christ! This could have kept most of the mobility allowance going.
    Consultants of the management and pr type should be eradicated from the PS payroll simple as that. If it wasn't one of them who came up with this pointless waste of vital money, whichever idiot politician or CS mandarin trying to make a name for themselves who did should be publicly named, shamed then fired.
    We are cutting services to the most vulnerable and chopping salaries and the squander borrowed cash on this?!
    The money for the mobility allowance is still there. The couple of hundred million or so that would be needed to meet the claims of those who would qualify under the equality ruling is the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    There may be value for money here but I can't see it straight away.

"The introduction of the ‘Intreo’ brand is estimated by the Department of Social Protection to cost between €6m and €7m and will be completed by Dec 2014.

The first 11 of the 60 social welfare offices country-wide had new signage erected in recent weeks at a cost of €54,615.

A spokesperson for the department said the name ‘Intreo’ was derived from both the abbreviation of the word introduction and treo — the Irish for direction..... "

Social welfare rebrand to cost
    This really is hard to believe. €7 million on new signage. Will this money help one single obtain employment. No. This is just another example of way the civil servants in this country spend money we do not have. Spend the money creating jobs or building a factory. €7 on new signs. Jesus wept.
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is rediculous. I always love this rubbish. Anyone knows when you change the name of a business it costs money. Department of Social Welfare is a massive organisation. First of all why does it need a new name, secondly why spend money at a time like this?

7 million is ahuge amount of money. But in terms of the size of the organisation small. The issue is fine if there is money in the pot to do this, but at this time of "austerity" and cutting back, one seriously has to wonder what FOOL decided to do this. I also like the little comparison piece at the base which "justifies" the spend...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Ah Jaysus. I've changed my mind. There definitely should be compulsory redundancies in the public service starting immediately!
    Unless you know of a way of extracting tea and semi-masticated toast from a keyboard, you owe me a new one.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    Unless you know of a way of extracting tea and semi-masticated toast from a keyboard, you owe me a new one.
    Always knew you masticated far too much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And new signage is going to a difference to all those unemployed? No matter what fancy name they put over the door, it's always going to be call the dole office.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast