Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel and Palestine- Does anyone just not care either way?

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Israel and Palestine- Does anyone just not care either way?

At any given time on this board, there will be usually some bitterly contentious thread on the Israel V Palestine question. It will feature all the usual partisan viewpoints about each side, the same litany of crimes and abuses, justifications for those very same crimes and abuses, and it never really leads anywhere beyond more hostility and strife.

So I was wondering- is there anyone out there who just doesn't give a toss either way? Is there anyone out there who just switches off as soon as the conflict is brought up and who just wishes that both sides would come to some sort of peaceful arrangement? I would love to care but I just can't- I just want them to go back to being civilized human beings who live peaceful lives, and I would love to be able to turn on the news without having to see the same sad scenes again and again. But that is not going to happen- it is just going to drag on and on, so I am done giving a toss about it. There are a hundred more important political issues for me to care about. Does any one else have the same feeling of apathy and utter disengagement when it comes to this tedious issue that has virtually no material impact on most peoples lives? Does anyone else just tune out whenever it comes up?
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member IrishWelshCelt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you dont care about the genocide of the Palestinian people, you've got serious issues.
    "Against brute force and injustice the people will have the last say, that of victory" - Commandante Che Guevara

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    At any given time on this board, there will be usually some bitterly contentious thread on the Israel V Palestine question.
    You most likely have just started one.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me! Could'nt care less.
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats what they want
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    thats what they want
    Attention seekers the lot of em. Ignore them and see how fast they cop on
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ireland is the leading light in Europe when it comes to exposing Israel's apartheid.

That makes me, as an Irish citizen, immensely proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think its possible to talk to anybody who knows anything about the subject who doesn't have a view one way or the other!!!
    Last edited by USER1234; 2nd March 2013 at 03:36 AM.

Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Does anyone else just tune out whenever it comes up?
    Yes and no. I think it's as important (but not any more important) an issue as any other, but it's almost impossible to come across balanced comments on this site.

The supporters of the Palestinians are usually, but not always: (a) SF/IRA types, who feel they must support the "downtrodden"; (b)the largest group, those whose condemnation of Israel is really a way for them to express their hatred of the US; and (c) the smallest group, those in whom resides a latent antisemitism.

The supporters of Israel are usually more reasonable, but are inclined to be blinded to the undoubted wrongs that Israel has committed.

As soon as I see a comment about the "genocide of the Palestinians", I just move on to something else.
    Last edited by Ramps; 2nd March 2013 at 04:41 AM.

I care, but my mind isn't made up on who's right or wrong. If Israel stopped the bombing, building settlements etc., I'd probably call myself a neutral.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast