Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New car sales down. So much for Michael Healy-Rae.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New car sales down. So much for Michael Healy-Rae.

New car sales down 7.6% last month

New car sales fell by 7.6 per cent in February, with 10,619 registrations last month.
    It brings the total so far this year to 27,854, down 15 per cent on the first two months of 2012.
    Good thing they didn't screw up the car registration system on some idiotic notion about the number 13.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not buying a new car this year because I don't want to be seen supporting a Healy-Rae idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will not be buying a car because i cant afford to,remember the bullsh1t we were told when we join the euro that every thing will be the same price car and all .

Boggle

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    I will not be buying a car because i cant afford to,remember the bullsh1t we were told when we join the euro that every thing will be the same price car and all .
    That was all anyone talked about when the vote was coming up and single-handedly got it through.

Then they made it a lie and people were like, wtf?!?!?

We are a stupid people. Politicians make promises to get what they want and then they lie.
    We know this yet every time we seem surprised.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Of course, then we'd all have to pay the same taxes, property taxes, water charges and so on. And no complaining, either.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

longshortgrass

Boggle

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Of course, then we'd all have to pay the same taxes, property taxes, water charges and so on. And no complaining, either.
    Was going to write doesn't necessarily follow but it actually doesn't follow at all.

He is talking about being able to import cars, i.e. the free movement of goods and services, and you are talking about our financial independence.

Totally different. Taxation would have to be competitive or risk losing trade to other nations but that was the point.

Why else would cars be cheaper in England if not for us getting screwed by govt?
    Instead of fixing that we let them rig the game!

Am I missing something? Surely this is as expected, and we can expect a corresponding year-on-year increase in sales for the early months of the 132 registrations?

Boggle

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Am I missing something? Surely this is as expected, and we can expect a corresponding year-on-year increase in sales for the early months of the 132 registrations?
    It was never going to double the annual sales like. I don't expect it to a huge effect though as 13-2 doesn't have near the same ring to it as 13 or 13-1.

The 13 bit will be out of date in 6 months!

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never by a new car because they lose in excess of €1,000 when you drive' em off the forecourt.

Possibly the only thing I've ever agreed with Norman Lamont on:
    This morning, Norman Lamont, a backbench Tory MP, will arise at 7.15 in his Notting Hill home and after breakfast will drive himself to his office at the House of Commons. In his second-hand Cavalier.

You what? I cried, are you not a director of Rothschild, the merchant bank? Do they not supply you with a flash car? Nope. He goes each day to their City office by Tube. 'My wife and I have always bought second-hand cars,' he said, lighting a cigar. 'New cars are a waste of money.'
    Interview: Our Norman, remember him?: 'I'm a politician. I wish to hold office again. In politics, one can recover from anything. If you have not been in the valleys, you can't appreciate the mountain tops. . . . . .' Mr Lamont on his first un-Budget
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast