Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irish Courts - €2,500 being donated to a benevolent fund for former civil servants who have “fallen on hard times”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish Courts - €2,500 being donated to a benevolent fund for former civil servants who have “fallen on hard times”.

With the state of the Irish economy, and the many deserving charitable organisations that exist for poverty, cancer, mental health etc etc.....

I was amused to hear an Irish court directing donations to a benevolent fund for former civil servants who have “fallen on hard times”. - Tallifornia star Cormac Brannigan has green diesel conviction wiped clean - Independent.ie

So what exactly is this benovelent fund???? Is it for judges????

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought they just sent them to Europe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What! Can former civil servants not manage on the OAP pension like a lot of people. It is March Ist not April Ist?

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lads I read the link to the tallyphone guy/program... why in the name off God is the US always used as an excuse to dodge a conviction along with an donation off cash. COB anyhow methinks... as for the TV3 gig... biggirlsblouses I say.
    swK
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More than likely most of this money will end up in the hands of financially insecure, elderly widows of former civil servants.

Judges are not civil servants.

Get a life ya bunch of bigoted jerks.
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    With the state of the Irish economy, and the many deserving charitable organisations that exist for poverty, cancer, mental health etc etc.....

I was amused to hear an Irish court directing donations to a benevolent fund for former civil servants who have “fallen on hard times”. - Tallifornia star Cormac Brannigan has green diesel conviction wiped clean - Independent.ie

I wonder if this fund is to cover many that retired from state sector jobs in the 70's and 80's on set pensions that weren't grade or index linked, But were fixed at time of retirement ...... Have vague recollections of a CIE uncle retiring in the early 80's on a fixed pension of Ł15 .....which if he was still live today would not really suffice ...
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerben View Post
    What! Can former civil servants not manage on the OAP pension like a lot of people. It is March Ist not April Ist?
    Evidently, some cannot manage as is the case with other OAPs who rely on charity. BTW do you know what the average pension is for a retired civil servant, or are you indulging in your usual groundless, poorly informed approach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post

stupid country

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a Court-supported benevolent fund for former Private Sector Workers who've fallen on hard times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    Is there a Court-supported benevolent fund for former Private Sector Workers who've fallen on hard times?
    Why not set one up? Or would that require you to make an effort?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast