Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveler accommodation burned in Ennis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Traveler accommodation burned in Ennis.

2 houses damaged after fire at Ennis Traveller site | clare.fm

2 houses on the Ashline site were burned and the other 4 are boarded up after previous arson attacks. Something needs to be done because Clare is becoming a joke as regards accommodation for Pavees. Even the normally PC Greens are aghast 34 Million Traveller Accommodation Costs Insane | Councillor Brian MeaneyCouncillor Brian Meaney while the Clare Champion described Ashline as " a war zone" Ashline Traveller scheme a. 1.7 million not including maintenance has been spent on his site alone. You would have to ask as to the efficacy of housing people who don't want to be housed or who simply refuse to behave properly. Are we getting to the point where those Travelers who refuse to integrate are to be sent to the so-called Scum Towns as per the Dutch suggestion. To be joined let it be said by settled people who are equally troublesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you sure your allowed to name the town!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerben View Post
    Are you sure your allowed to name the town!
    As it is on Clare FM's website and the Champion's site I think that has been done already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    As it is on Clare FM's website and the Champion's site I think that has been done already.

just making sure !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no such thing as "settled people" - you are confusing them with "regular people"
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Boggle

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    There is no such thing as "settled people" - you are confusing them with "regular people"
    aka "people"

What have you got to say about the actual burning of the accommodation, Clanrickard?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    What have you got to say about the actual burning of the accommodation, Clanrickard?
    First off we don't know who did it. I would think it is either a feud or possibly some local vigilantes trying to oust the pavees. The first is more likely. Housing people in ghettos like this is asking for trouble.That said Ashline has been targeted before so there is a certain amount of doziness on the part of the Guards and Clare County Council in not being prepared for further attacks of this when they eventually happen.

2 houses damaged after fire at Ennis Traveller site | clare.fm

2 houses on the Ashline site were burned and the other 4 are boarded up after previous arson attacks. Something needs to be done because Clare is becoming a joke as regards accommodation for Pavees. Even the normally PC Greens are aghast 34 Million Traveller Accommodation Costs Insane | Councillor Brian MeaneyCouncillor Brian Meaney while the Clare Champion described Ashline as " a war zone" Ashline Traveller scheme a. 1.7 million not including maintenance has been spent on his site alone. You would have to ask as to the efficacy of housing people who don't want to be housed or who simply refuse to behave properly. Are we getting to the point where those Travelers who refuse to integrate are to be sent to the so-called Scum Towns as per the Dutch suggestion. To be joined let it be said by settled people who are equally troublesome.

But but but they're an endangered culture.......

Boggle

First off we don't know who did it. I would think it is either a feud or possibly some local vigilantes trying to oust the pavees. The first is more likely. Housing people in ghettos like this is asking for trouble.That said Ashline has been targeted before so there is a certain amount of doziness on the part of the Guards and Clare County Council in not being prepared for further attacks of this when they eventually happen.
    Is there anything the guards or cc can do?

Install sprinklers in traveler accommodation in case they try to burn each other out or in case they are so bad the neighbours burn them out?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast